Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mopidesp
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik Compose Questions

Hello,

I have below questions on Compose. Can some one please help with these?

1. We have implemented delete logic as mentioned in the white paper. Replicate is populating the deleted columns and compose to DV. How will data mart handle these deleted records ? Can the data mart load process filter out the deleted records if they don't exist in the data mart?

2. In the table TPIL_DMA_RUNNO, how to find the corresponding tables for FACT_DIM_ID's ?

3. We have created a sample project and defined the DV and Data mart model's. We were able to import DV model in to main project but not data mart model. Is there any limitation on this ?

4. When we define the transactional data mart , we choose the transaction date. How does compose use this column in processing data from vault to mart ?

5. Any documentations available on the log tables that compose creates ?

Thanks in advance

Labels (2)
1 Reply
TimGarrod
Employee
Employee

Hello,  Answers below - 

1.  The Data mart can be used to filter out specific records.  However be aware that this filter only applies when a record is being inserted into the mart.  ie. if you have a fact record that is soft deleted, filtering the record with a filter in the fact table process will not delete the existing record in the fact table.    The the whitepaper was updated in January (and it should have been updated in the community - but I'll verify) to discuss DM impact.  I've attached it here also.  But essentially you need to handle the deletes in a data mart post-load step.

2.  I have a script that can read a project and provide that metadata (generates SQL Scripts to insert additional metadata into some custom metadata tables).  Please PM me with your business email, and I can send it to you.

3.  Currently moving Data Mart objects is supported only via the CLI.  I recommend reviewing help documentation here - 

Migrating Objects as CSV's - https://help.qlik.com/en-US/compose/February2021/Content/ComposeDWDL/Main/DW/Projects/export_import_...

Migrating Data marts -  https://help.qlik.com/en-US/compose/February2021/Content/ComposeDWDL/Main/DW/Projects/Exporting_Impo...

4. The Transaction Date is used to select the correct dimension record in a Type2.  Eg.  to produce the JOIN condition for TXN_DT BETWEEN FROM_DATE and TO_DATE when looking up a Type 2 dimensions surrogate key. 

5. I don't believe there is specific documentation in the help / user guide.  Again if you PM me, I'll send you what I have.   and perhaps add a blog post related to this :).

Hope this helps!