Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ole_Dufour
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to filter with a different table

Using Enterprise Manager I'm looking to replicate my address table. But only addresses of active persons should be replicated.
Address.PersonId  references Person.Id so I suppose that I should use some SQL and then only select addresses whose  Person.Active = "true".

In what menu do I apply this filter and what would be its syntax?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OritA
Support
Support

Hi, 

First, in general, to achieve what you want you should look at the Replicate users guide under:
'Defining transformations for a single table/view':

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/replicate/May2023/Content/Global_Common/Content/SharedEMReplicate/Custom...

You will have to first perform source_lookup for the Address.PersonId in the table persson based on the key person.id and get the value of  Person.Active and keep it in a column. and then you will be able to define a filter to filter the rows based on the value of the new column you have created that includes the content of Person.Active.

Regards,

Orit

View solution in original post

3 Replies
OritA
Support
Support

Hi, 

First, in general, to achieve what you want you should look at the Replicate users guide under:
'Defining transformations for a single table/view':

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/replicate/May2023/Content/Global_Common/Content/SharedEMReplicate/Custom...

You will have to first perform source_lookup for the Address.PersonId in the table persson based on the key person.id and get the value of  Person.Active and keep it in a column. and then you will be able to define a filter to filter the rows based on the value of the new column you have created that includes the content of Person.Active.

Regards,

Orit

Ole_Dufour
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

OK thanks a lot.

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @Ole_Dufour 

If one of the replies helped to resolve the issue, please mark it as a solution & like it to make it easier for others to find.
Thanks in advance!