Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ole_Dufour
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to filter with a different table

Using Enterprise Manager I'm looking to replicate my address table. But only addresses of active persons should be replicated.
Address.PersonId  references Person.Id so I suppose that I should use some SQL and then only select addresses whose  Person.Active = "true".

In what menu do I apply this filter and what would be its syntax?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OritA
Support
Support

Hi, 

First, in general, to achieve what you want you should look at the Replicate users guide under:
'Defining transformations for a single table/view':

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/replicate/May2023/Content/Global_Common/Content/SharedEMReplicate/Custom...

You will have to first perform source_lookup for the Address.PersonId in the table persson based on the key person.id and get the value of  Person.Active and keep it in a column. and then you will be able to define a filter to filter the rows based on the value of the new column you have created that includes the content of Person.Active.

Regards,

Orit

View solution in original post

3 Replies
OritA
Support
Support

Hi, 

First, in general, to achieve what you want you should look at the Replicate users guide under:
'Defining transformations for a single table/view':

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/replicate/May2023/Content/Global_Common/Content/SharedEMReplicate/Custom...

You will have to first perform source_lookup for the Address.PersonId in the table persson based on the key person.id and get the value of  Person.Active and keep it in a column. and then you will be able to define a filter to filter the rows based on the value of the new column you have created that includes the content of Person.Active.

Regards,

Orit

Ole_Dufour
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

OK thanks a lot.

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @Ole_Dufour 

If one of the replies helped to resolve the issue, please mark it as a solution & like it to make it easier for others to find.
Thanks in advance!