Last Update:

Dec 5, 2022 7:54:40 AM

Updated By:

Sonja_Bauernfeind

Created date:

Jul 2, 2020 5:24:11 AM

Attachments

Hammer Up 1000x340.png

This video is part of the Qlik Fix Video series. If you found this video useful, check out the other Qlik Fix Videos.

This video demonstrates how to schedule a data reload in Qlik Sense Business.

Here is a link to more information in the Support Knowledge Base: How to schedule a reload in Qlik Sense Business

Attached is a downloadable .mp4 video file for those who cannot view YouTube videos.

#QlikSupport

Comments
a36b4wgd
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello!

Thanks for the post and the video Troy!

I'm facing an interesting problem with my QSB environment. Everytime I'm reloading my app manually things go smoothly and reload finishes with no errors. I have tested it also in my Qlik Sense Desktop environment and everything works smooth as butter.

When the same app is reloaded via schedule it ends up to an error. There isn't too much information in the log to analyze, but it seems to be something related to timeout? 

Have anyone faced same kind of problem? And if so - have you found any solution? 🙂

0 Likes
Jamie_Gregory
Community Manager
Community Manager

@a36b4wgd How long does the reload take manually? What time do you have the reload scheduled for?

0 Likes
a36b4wgd
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi @Jamie_Gregory!

It takes about 4 minutes. I have scheduled one reload on the early morning. 

0 Likes
Jamie_Gregory
Community Manager
Community Manager

@a36b4wgd Peak hours are from 4am-8am during your local time. I would recommend adjusting the schedule to be outside of these hours if it is not. It could be that there is a lot happening on the servers at the scheduled time and it is causing the reload to take longer than 30 minutes (which is the max). I would also verify that there is nothing happening on your servers at that time (if this app is connecting to local databases) as that might slow down the extract as well.

0 Likes
a36b4wgd
Contributor II
Contributor II

@Jamie_Gregory  Oh, you mean that it's possible that there isn't enough capacity on Qlik's systems? That doesn't sound too good in the scalability point of view? Are you sure about this?

I'm sure about that the source I'm using isn't throttling because the same app works with Qlik Sense Enterprise. And yeah, the 30 minute limit won't be exceeded in any normal circumstances.

0 Likes
Jamie_Gregory
Community Manager
Community Manager

@a36b4wgd Please try adjusting the time as recommended and see if that resolves the issue. If it does not, please either create a case with Qlik Support or post to the New to Qlik Sense forum for more assistance.

Version history
Last update:
‎2022-12-05 07:54 AM
Updated by: