Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryanhurst39
Contributor
Contributor

Does your NPrinting also crash often during Excel template development?

Using MSExcel 2007 with NPrinting 16 against Qlikview 12. Upgrading is doubtful.

I'd be applying changes to the spreadsheet template. Then, to test, I request a preview with a preset limited report filter.

Then Excel crashes, NPrinting loses its connection, and crashes the template editor, throwing away the changes.

I have resorted to saving and closing every single change, combined with off-site source control, just to limit the damage these crashes cause.

It's stifling my production speed.

Did you encounter this? If so, did you fix it? How?

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The basic question is - are you running supported configuration?

None of the NPrinitng 16 versions was ever supporting QlikView 12.0, which may be the main reason why it crashes as you are indicating you are using QV 12.

Please see below link which shows matrix of supported configurations:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/Requirements-for-QlikView-NPrinting-16-x-x-x-...

the other requirement it to have the same version of QV desktop and server when using with NPrinting. 

You may want to check all that and specify the exact version you are using. 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
andregas
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

NPrinting has a max timeout of 10 minutes for previews, does it crash after then?

You can "limit" the preview applying the filters on report, I suggest you this solution during development. e.g. If you are developing a cycle report, set a filter to report based that field during dev.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please use a supported configuration. QlikView NPrinting 16.* is no more supported and 16.0 is very old and it doesn't support migration to Qlik NPrinting 17+ (November 2020 is latest). Latest 16 version available is 16.10. The minimum for migration to 17+ is 16.3.

The request about the crash, in any case, is too generic. It will be useful to have the error message, the log files or some screenshots. I suggest you also to run a search here in the community and on the official Release Notes with the error message to be sure it was not solved.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.