Qlik Community

Qlik NPrinting Discussions

Discussion Board for collaboration on Qlik NPrinting.

Highlighted
hermanli
New Contributor II

NPrinting - CSV export limitiation?

Hi All,

I would like to know if there is any limitation of the exporting rows in CSV format when using NPrinting?

I have a table with 73007 rows but after I export it to a CSV using Nprinting job, the output only gives me 72929 rows.

If I export it by right-click on the table, it has no problem to give me a full 73007 rows file.

Any idea? Or this is a bug for Nprinting?

I am using NPrinting v16.0.0.0

Thanks

7 Replies
Partner
Partner

Re: NPrinting - CSV export limitiation?

Hello,

If your template file is a .xls file, I recommand you to try a .xlsx file.

Confirm me if it works.

Best regards,

Partner
Partner

Hi, Herman.

Version 16 is a fairly new release. Try Thomas' suggestion. If that doesn't work, I would recommend contacting Qlik to see if there are any patches for this version.

regards,

Neil

hermanli
New Contributor II

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your suggestion. But I would like to export the file in CSV format and just directly output from a particular table object.

Besides, I don't see any output format is xlsx.. Do you mean to create an Excel Reports?

I am currently using QlikView Entity Reports.

Thanks

hermanli
New Contributor II

Hi Neil,

I used a work around to solve this issue already. But I am sure that this should be a bug as there should be no line limitation for CSV format file.

Thanks

Partner
Partner

Hi Herman,

How did you solve your issue? I have exactly the same issue with my excel report in Nprinting, it cuts on row 65537.

P.S. Using .xlsx extention for Excel template.

Thanks,

Natalija

hermanli
New Contributor II

Hi Natalija,

The method is write an Macro to export CSV and add this action to the "OnPostReload" Trigger. Then distribute a copy to the NPrinting server by schedule.

In NPrinting, schedule another job to have a dummy reload. So, after the reload is done, Macro triggered and CSV will be exported to your specified location.

Hope this help.

Partner
Partner

Thanks for reply, Herman!

Regards