Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rtaraka
Contributor II
Contributor II

NPrinting Pixel Perfect Report Date Filter Condition

Hello,

Currently I'm looking for a help with passing a Greater than or equals (>=) on date field1 and less than or equal to(<=) on date field 2 with passing one date from filter in  Qlik Sense N Printing Pixel Perfect Layout report with multiple level. 

I'm applying below conditions in the table view in QS and remove Null check box.

Datefeild1(BILL_RULE_STARTS): =aggr(Only({$ < BILL_RULE_STARTS={"<=$(=max(BEGIN_DATE))"}> }BILL_RULE_STARTS),BILL_RULE_STARTS)

Datefeild2(BR_END): =aggr(Only({$ < BR_END={"<=$(=max(BEGIN_DATE))"}> }BR_END),BR_END)

Begin date field is date dim with all the date (history and Future).

WIth above condition able to make the QS report work as expected with data filter part.

Currently I'm using same app to generate the layout to print the data in PDF with multiple level based report. Using On Demand functionality using Button option providing a QS NPrinting Pixel perfect as a Button. So use can filter the data as needed, verify it with QS table in a tabular format then hit the output button to printing the PDF version of the report.

rtaraka_0-1651286712899.png

Initial observation is When we apply any condition Qlik sense Report  then by default it's starts with equals to sign(=).  If I use any condition like below. 

rtaraka_1-1651286947766.png

This <no Title> view  will not be an options to use it.  This future will helps you to see data based on level based hierarchy.

rtaraka_2-1651286986612.png

If I don't use any = Operation in any field or any condition then No title view will be enable. So i can use it.

Here is the layout design.

rtaraka_3-1651287245698.png

Looking for  help with passing a Greater than or equals (>=) on date field1 and less than or equal to(<=) on date field 2 with passing one date from filter  So I can pass the filter data in the N Printing using No title under levels.

Please let me know if needed more information to get the solution.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Great that you have managed to find a solution.

your option no 1 is described in help document and is rather general practice: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Qlik-objects-supp...

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1651544062707.png

It is also a lot more efficient from Qlik Sense performance to use set analysis on measures rather than calculated dimensions. 

It is also written which objects are not supported:

Lech_Miszkiewicz_1-1651544254580.png

It seems you are new to NPrinting - so despite the fact that you managed to find a solution I would encourage you to study help document to learn little bit more about supported configurations! Believe me - it will only benefit you in the future.

Your second solution kind of reminds me about the fact that dates are usually stored as numbers anyway in Qlik so understanding of data type is critical when applying any kind of filter which I have described over here: https://nprintingadventures.com/2019/02/15/the-pitfalls-of-nprinting-filters-part-1-dates-and-duals/ and I keep on touching on this subject each time I speak about filters: https://nprintingadventures.com/category/nprinting/filters/

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I'm sorry but I'm not sure I understood your goal. What you want to do is to filter the whole report by greater and less than two date fields via On-Demand. Correct?

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
rtaraka
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yes. I'm looking for solution where I can pass a date from Qlik Sense Report. Based on the selected date Report need to filter values by  greater and less than two date fields via On-Demand.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

no worries there:

just use set analysis on expression and do not use calculated dimensions as I guess this is the problem you are trying to describe.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
rtaraka
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I was able to figured out the solution. 

I had two solutions now.

1. Always use the expression is measure instead of a dimension. This will get the No title view under levels. Then apply filter condition on that level node. Under properties - Data -> Filter String. Don't apply any conditions on your QS report filters or don't apply any field setting as always select only one value.

2. Convert all three dates to a number from from the load script. Then Apply Conditions in the template level  hen apply filter condition on that particular level node. Under properties - Data -> Filter String. Don't apply any conditions on your QS report filters or don't apply any field setting as always select only one value. it resolve the solution.

rtaraka
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for your input.

rtaraka
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Ruggero for showing interest in helping to resolve my issue and trying to understand what questions i have. 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Great that you have managed to find a solution.

your option no 1 is described in help document and is rather general practice: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Qlik-objects-supp...

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1651544062707.png

It is also a lot more efficient from Qlik Sense performance to use set analysis on measures rather than calculated dimensions. 

It is also written which objects are not supported:

Lech_Miszkiewicz_1-1651544254580.png

It seems you are new to NPrinting - so despite the fact that you managed to find a solution I would encourage you to study help document to learn little bit more about supported configurations! Believe me - it will only benefit you in the future.

Your second solution kind of reminds me about the fact that dates are usually stored as numbers anyway in Qlik so understanding of data type is critical when applying any kind of filter which I have described over here: https://nprintingadventures.com/2019/02/15/the-pitfalls-of-nprinting-filters-part-1-dates-and-duals/ and I keep on touching on this subject each time I speak about filters: https://nprintingadventures.com/category/nprinting/filters/