cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gksmithlcw
Creator
Creator

Nested Detail Reports in PixelPerfect

I've created a significant portion of a report with multiple "subreports" but it errors out when I try to execute it. Is it possible to use nested detail reports? The designer lets me. Please advise. Thanks!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @gksmithlcw 

• There is a possibility that one of your source table objects have changed/updated with new column or removed column data. Also if you are trying to use an unsupported 3rd party object imported into Qlik Sense with NPrinting, this too may fail. However it sounds more like the issue is the former.
  • NPrinting reports do not automatically update according to these changes. Manual interventions is needed. Ideally your Qlik Sense app developer will have documented chart object changes including updated/removed columns.
  • (The NPrinting Engine logs may enable you to see which QS (or QV) objects that might be failing to render. NPrinting log files are found here C:\ProgramData\nprinting\logs )
  • When you are able to track down which field/column was updated/removed/replaced, you can then rebind/remove the dead field from the report. See the following article written just now in response to your question
  • https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/NPrinting-Pixel-Perfect-report-preview-fails...

PxP binding.png

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @gksmithlcw 

• There is a possibility that one of your source table objects have changed/updated with new column or removed column data. Also if you are trying to use an unsupported 3rd party object imported into Qlik Sense with NPrinting, this too may fail. However it sounds more like the issue is the former.
  • NPrinting reports do not automatically update according to these changes. Manual interventions is needed. Ideally your Qlik Sense app developer will have documented chart object changes including updated/removed columns.
  • (The NPrinting Engine logs may enable you to see which QS (or QV) objects that might be failing to render. NPrinting log files are found here C:\ProgramData\nprinting\logs )
  • When you are able to track down which field/column was updated/removed/replaced, you can then rebind/remove the dead field from the report. See the following article written just now in response to your question
  • https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/NPrinting-Pixel-Perfect-report-preview-fails...

PxP binding.png

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
gksmithlcw
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for the response, Frank. Can you point me to where these logs can be found?

Frank_S
Support
Support

Sure, I also updated my response with this as well.

C:\ProgramData\nprinting\logs

Also, you may also see the chart object ID in the preview error message. Use that to check the source data as well.