cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sujit_nath
Creator III
Creator III

Nprinting Designer error "SystemOutOfMemoryException"

I have a NSQ file with multiple Tasks created. One of the task fails with error SystemOutOfMemoryException.

It's because I am attaching XLS to it. To whichever task, I associate that xls to, that task will fail. However, that XLS has 4 sheets and 4 tables only. So, nothing huge. 

I can not upgrade NP as of now, I know, this is a kind of known bug, but will be helpful if someone can give me a temporary workaround (I am using system with 64 gb RAM, so memory is definitely not an issue)

error.PNG

Labels (2)
8 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You can refer to the support article https://support.qlik.com/articles/000045598

You could also try to reduce the size of the QVW used as source and of the produced report. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
sujit_nath
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Ruggero,

Thanks for this, but I had already checked this, and the statement seems quite abstract.

"seems to happen because the process is unable to find a large enough section of *contiguous* unused pages in its virtual address space to do the requested mapping (not because of the total amount of memory, but rather contiguous unused space), or because a directory or template path is no longer valid"

Could you help what needs to be done to get contiguous unused space, or how to check if memory leak is happening as template path is no longer valid? BTW, I tried with a new template with same contents, but same issue happens.

Frank_S
Support
Support

@sujit_nath 

I suspect that you have a cycle applied to your report. This error happens in NP 16 when the load introduced when processing a heavy cycled report or some other heavy processing requirement.

If so I suggest creating smaller filtered cycled batches

ie: if your cycle is on "country" 

and cycle 200 countries in 4 batches (or as needed)

• Create a Task with filtered for countries 1 to 50 (filters Africa thru Italy)
  • Create a Task with filtered for countries 50 to 100 (filters Jordan thru Nigeria)
  • Create a Task with filtered for countries 100 to 150 (Pakistan thru Turks and caicos)
  • Create a Task with filtered for countries 150 to 200 (Vanuatu thru Zanzabar)

This will reduce the load on the NP 16 designer which you are using that is a 32 bit program and tends to get errors that you showed in the image on heavy reporting requirements introduced with cycling reports.

Hope this helps...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Frank_S
Support
Support

@sujit_nath 

Please also remember that NP 16 is deprecated at the End of March 2020.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/NPrinting16-Extended-Support-Update/ta-p/1478...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
sujit_nath
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Actually I don't have any cycles. Just a straight table, and dynamically creating an excel pivot with the columns of that straight table.

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @sujit_nath 

Dynamic Naming is similar to cycling as this process essentially 'cycles' through each dimension value to reproduce a report name for each dimension value.

Also check that if you have thousands of dimension values for the dynamic name, the large volume of dynamic naming could cause the problem. ...and also make sure the field data is valid. You can do it by simply clicking on it in the QVW. does it change the data other charts in your QVW? If it doesn't then the dimension itself may not be associated properly with the data model.

Finally try  to generate the report using your task without dynamic naming first. Ensure that the pivot table is generated as expected 'before' applying dynamic naming to it.

So again, the solution 'might' be the same as cycled reports.

sujit_nath
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Frank and Ruggero for the solutsolu provided.  however,  I'll tell exactly what imI doing.  Simply dragging the columns separately on a tab in NPrinting xls editor,  then with those columns,  creating an pivot table with excel functionality. 

The straight table is generated as expected , also the table which is generating this,  is well connected to the data model. 

Not sure where something is not right.  Also, . net version is the latest. 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

At this point I suggest you to open a support ticket. Include a link to this conversation, the steps to reproduce and your environment. I mean a reduced scrambled copy of the qvw and the template so that the issue can be reproduced.

When solved, if possible, share the solution here. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.