cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djbloiss
Contributor III
Contributor III

Nprinting when to use Task Level and Report Level filters

I currently have an Nprinting report where I am filtering at the report level.  All these filters need to be applied to the same report to all users in the task.  Should I switch them to task level filters? What are the benefits of using task filters over report filters and vice versa?

2 Replies
jakob_rasmussen
Contributor III
Contributor III

My take: Task level can be used to make you filtering more dynamic, so you can have different tasks with different filters for different audiences.

Report level will be a global filter that applies to all versions of the report.

I'm currently working on a report for an organization with reports per division. One division has to be excluded always. That will be a report filter. On top of that I use task filters for each task where I can define the right audience.

Best regards,

Jakob

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Depends on your use case if you have a report that can be reused in a number of cases when the audience/frequency changes then applying filters and conditions at a publish level can be the way to go as it saves on creating the same/similar report over and over with the subsequent support and maintenance overhead.