cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem with NPrinting Connection

hi Guys,

i Had Successfully installed NPrinting server, Desktop and Engine(version 17.0)  later i login to the local host and created an Application, Later I tried to create a connection to the Qlikview Document witch is their in my local machine but the problem hear is

1) In connections Tab. their is no option to select Qlikview and Qliksense connection and After giving the folder path and click create

2) My Connection Status shows '-' , cache Status stuck to Generating and Last cache update is showing '-'

guys it might find silly, but i dont know, might be i missed some thing hear. plz help,

thank you so much.

below are the screen shots

3 Replies
sravankumarkaturi

Hi Vinod,
First suggestion please upgrade to current version which has major bug fixes from previous versions.

There may be multiple reasons for status not changeing.

from the image i see its pointing to c drive , for local connection make sure the app is in c drive of nprinting server not our local machine c drive or you have to use connection string like <server name>/<folder name>/<file name. qvw> if the file is on Qlikview server (nprinting should have folder access to the server on which Qlikview dashboards are stored)

make sure the nprinting service account has Qlikview installed and have access to the qvw (means it can open that) to which you are connecting to. (add the Qliksene service account to section access list if applicable).

and everything is fine and its still generating it might be a bug (version 17 has lot of bugs)

Thanks - sravan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sravan Katuri,

Thank you for your Reply ,

1) from the image i see its pointing to c drive , for local connection make sure the app is in c drive of nprinting server, --->

Ans:  i had installed NPrinting in my Local Machine itself, so placing the application in C Drive Might Not be the Issue 

2) make sure the nprinting service account has Qlikview installed and have access to the qvw

Ans:  i Already have Qlikview Licence installed in My local Machine, so it might not be the problem

Now Ill try Installing the Latest version of NPrinting.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I agree with others - You have to upgrade to September 2017 version as it has completly changed since version 17.0

What user/account is your NPrinting service running on? Does this user have QLikVIew license allocated? Keep in mind that QlikView desktop license is a user specific thing.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.