Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

AD sync in NPrinting and auto-assignment of security roles to AD groups

Hi all

We are trying to implement the following:

1. Users in the company will have AD groups set up

According to my understanding, this is what I would expect it to happen:

2. Create groups in NPrinting and allocate roles to these groups

3. Once I import users into NPrinting, I do not have to do anything. NPrinting should auto-assign based on the AD group names

Otherwise how do we achieve this? We do not want to manually assign security roles to new users.

Thank you

Labels (1)
  • Other

4 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

This is documented in the official help site at the page http://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Users-Fi...

Please study it in details and test the procedure in your installation. If after you still have issue please post also some screenshots and all other details that will be useful to understand the issue.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Giuseppe_Panella
Employee
Employee

HI, you can also take a look at this video that shows you how to do it 

Flemming
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi

Is there any update regarding this?

I am trying to investigate how to automatically assign security roles to users imported with an LDAP task.

/Flemming

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

AD Sync is no more needed because recent versions of Qlik NPrinting have a native tool to import users from LDAP documented in https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Use....

As I answered in the other question, use the Role identification field to assign security roles.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.