cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmendes
Contributor
Contributor

Add an excel formula (VLOOKUP) in the NPrinitng report

I have an NPrinitng report scheduled to be sent every week to my partners but in ton this report I don´t have a column assigning the row to a specific person for having action.

I would like to add in the NPrinting template a VLOOKUP formula to assign a name person for having action with that item/row. When I add the formula in the Excel template, is applied to the blank row and not to the rows with data.

I have tried some guidance that did not work.
Any thoughts?

Labels (1)
5 Replies
andregas
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hello @kmendes ,

Can you post an example of your template, or some images?

Generally the Excel formulas work in NPrinting if you apply them to a range. You should start it from the cell with NPrinting tag and stop one cell over. You can use the tag <delete_row> to delete the blank row.
Here an example:

andregas_0-1682092192797.png

Regards

kmendes
Contributor
Contributor
Author

In the column with the data, I have added the field name"<Division>"

kmendes_1-1682094328379.png

I have added the formula in the last column (using IF formula)

kmendes_0-1682094262695.png

But when I run the preview, the formula is not working bringing the division value to the blank cells

kmendes_2-1682094424311.png

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You need to convert range of cells in excel to excel table as explained in documentation:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/ExcelReports/Make-Calculated-Column....

also make sure that “expand range” is enabled for that entity table in Nprinting designer

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
kmendes
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Following the guidance in the link :

1. Added the table

kmendes_0-1682101611208.png

2. Select the field and set up as a table

kmendes_1-1682102181580.png

3. Added a column with the IF formula

kmendes_4-1682102476364.png

4. When I run the preview, the formula is calculating the blank rows.

kmendes_3-1682102401682.png

Maybe I´m not following correctly one of the steps above.

andregas
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Pay attention that you insert tag column <division> in multiple rows, that crete multiple export of the same set of data.

In addition, are you sure that the column tags are part of the same table? Because Division2 column start when country end. And why the filed name in the template was Division and in the report generated became Division2?