Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PervezIbrahim
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Adding data labels in stacked chart Excel Nprinting

Hi,

I have created a stacked bar chart in excel NPrinting. The problem is, it is only showing Data labels  for the first stack:

PervezIbrahim_0-1589542432758.png

In Normal excel charts, we can add data labels by clicking on the stacked bar but in NPrinting, we don't see stacks when we design the template. following is the view from template editor. we only see stacks once we take an NPrinting export.

PervezIbrahim_1-1589542671147.png

Please help!!!

Labels (2)
8 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please try to upgrade to a more recent version. I tested with latest (April 2020) and I had an Excel native stacked bar chart with data labels at first run:

Excel Stacked Bar Chart with Data Labels.png

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @PervezIbrahim 

When adding your labels you probably clicked on chart and already selected only first series row. If you do that your labels will appear only on one stack (this is standard for excel)

The solution is to just select chart and add labels from toolbar menu.

1.png

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
PervezIbrahim
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Lech,

Thanks for you response!

I tried selecting the chart and adding the labels as you mentioned but no luck.

A piece of information that i forgot to  mention was that this chart is based on a pivot table, if at all it changes anything.

PervezIbrahim
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Roggero,

Thanks for your response.

i'll surely try upgrading but that involves a long process of approvals it has to go through, in our organisation. By then, i was searching for a work around here itself.

A piece of information that i forgot to  mention was that this chart is based on a pivot table, if at all it changes anything.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

using pivot table--> yes-that piece of information changes everything!

I would need to do my testing again to see, but again it will depend on how you have built your pivot table. So sharing that information (the layout of your pivot table, before data being populated -template, and after data is populated - pivot table with actual records) would be necessary for me to start investigation. You can change data so you don't share real info.

You may want also describe which of the dimensions changes number of distinct values in it.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I'm able to reproduce your issue with a pivot stacked bar chart. Please open a support ticket about the issue with a link to this conversation so the support will know that I already tested the issue and they will send the information to the development team for deeper tests.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
PervezIbrahim
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks Rugero!

Frank_S
Support
Support

Please note that this issue is currently under investigation  but we expect it to be resolved in a near future release of NPrinting. Please return here for updates or  check future Qlik NPrinting product release notes for news on resolution of this issue.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!