Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III

Best way to filter on the latest period ?

Hello,

I have a huge QlikView application on which I want to export some charts with filters on the latest period.

I have a YearMonth field (202112) for example and I want to make Nprinting filter on the month before the month the report is sent. For example now, I would like the filter to be applied on Month-1 = December 2021

What is the best way to do it ?

I can have a flag in my data saying : CurrentMonth=1 or 0, PreviousMonth =1 or 0

I can have a variable giving the yearmonth of the previous month that I could use as value of the filter.

But is it possible to have a formula in Nprinting it self ? 

What would you do ?

Thanks

Labels (2)
6 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

QlikView NPrinting 16 is no more supported and you should plan a migration to latest supported version as soon as possible. 

You can create an expression https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/How-to-Create-Static-and-Dynamic-Filters-Base... or use advanced search https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/How-to-Use-QlikView-Advanced-Search-with-NPri....

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello,

thanks for these links, I had tried an expression and it worked but your articles explain all the features, thanks

Yes I know v16 is outdated but I find it really robust and well working and I'm really afraid of migrating to a more "qlik sense like" version which may make the support more difficult. I love the way i can use files and copy template and copy projects everywhere without having to go in a complicated GUI 🙂  

masterbox
Contributor
Contributor

@Ruggero_Piccoli wrote:

Hi,

QlikView NPrinting 16 is no more supported and you should plan a migration to latest supported version as soon as possible. 

You can create an expression https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/How-to-Create-Static-and-Dynamic-Filters-Base...

Best Regards,

Bei der Wahl des richtigen Reisegepäcks, sei es ein Rollkoffer, Reisekoffer oder Reisetrolley, können Sie auf uns vertrauen. Wir bieten eine breite Palette an aktuellen Stilen von vielen renommierten Markenherstellern. Unabhängig davon, ob Sie eine große Reise planen oder nur einen spontanen Kurzurlaub benötigen, haben wir das perfekte Reisegepäck für Ihre Bedürfnisse.

Thank you for the helpful link. 

Frank_S
Support
Support

@fredericvillemi

We appreciate that you recognise that NP 16 is no longer supported.

However, you need to understand that remaining on that platform may inevitably cause other unanticipated problems since that platform is not supported with modern versions of QlikView. NP 16 was only supported with version of QlikView that are no longer supported as well.

For your convenience, I am sharing with you the NP 16 migration playbook.

As @Ruggero_Piccoli mentioned, it will be important to plan your migration as soon as possible.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for your message @Frank_S  and for the link to migrate my version. I really need to use it to try it on a new server.

I know I need to do it but i'm afraid of the missing features I could find.. I was in the first users of "QlikView Next"  and I know how Qlik can remove useful things in newer versions 😞

I have just read a migration article and I have seen there were missing features from v16 to the new version (of 2019). Are these features now implemented in the newest Nprinting ?

• FTP destinations
  • Attach external files to email
  • Compressed generated reports

?

Thanks

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Yes Qlik NPrinting 17+ is a different product written from scratch so there are some feature of the QlikView NPrinting 16 that are not replicated and that need to be implemented in different ways, like the ones you mentioned. Qlik NPrinting 17+ has some advantages like multi-engines and multi-thread. In the like supplied by @Frank_S there are all details.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.