Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abe786
Contributor III
Contributor III

Can a single nprinting report be used across multiple apps?

We have a Qlik Sense app for which we need to create quarterly snapshots to preserve data. We're doing this manually by creating a copy of the app, before reload for next quarter is done .

This was working so far, however there is a new requirement to implement on-demand nprinting in this app. nPrinting report template development is already completed,  however whenever we trigger the ondemand printing from the archive app (i.e. copy of the app containing older data), the report generated is from the current app.

To remedy it, I created new nprinting connection pointing to archive app, under same nprinting app. I also changed connection inside on-demand extension of the archive app to the connection I just created. Now when I try to execute the report, although the max date coming up in nprint report matches the archive app data date, but I don't get any values for formulas, table, etc. All are zero.

One more thing I tried was, I exported out the nprinting report template. After which, I re-imported the template but I changed the connection to the newer nprinting connection (which I created above) in the import wizard. Now I configured the on-demand report in archive app to use the new connection and the new report. Now when I try to generate the nprinting report, it comes out perfect.

Does this mean to make this work whenever I take quarterly archive, I have to create new nprinting connection and copy of report template? Is there any easier way to do this?

Our work environment is Qlik NPrinting June 2020 SR1 and Qlik Sense Jun 2020 Patch 5

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, 

No there is no simpler way. When you think about it it is logical that you need dedicated connection to the app you want to run report from otherwise how would you determine where data needs to come from? As a result each NPrinting report is configured to run objects from certain connection so exporting and re-importing report is also necessary.

There is no other way to do this. So to summerize:

• duplicate Qlik Sense App
  • make new NPrinting connection pointing to duplicated QS app and reload metadata
  • export and import report pointing to new NPrinting connection
  • update OnDemand button in Qlik Sense to point to new NPrinting connection and report

those are all manual steps you must do to make it work

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, 

No there is no simpler way. When you think about it it is logical that you need dedicated connection to the app you want to run report from otherwise how would you determine where data needs to come from? As a result each NPrinting report is configured to run objects from certain connection so exporting and re-importing report is also necessary.

There is no other way to do this. So to summerize:

• duplicate Qlik Sense App
  • make new NPrinting connection pointing to duplicated QS app and reload metadata
  • export and import report pointing to new NPrinting connection
  • update OnDemand button in Qlik Sense to point to new NPrinting connection and report

those are all manual steps you must do to make it work

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
abe786
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Lech for your time to explain.

In Qlikview we had report functionality. I was wondering if there is anything similar for Qlik Sense, since my report is rather simple or is nprinting the only way to go in QS?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @abe786 

QlikView reports were integrated into QlikView app so it was different to NPrinting reports which are different. 

At present I dont see any other option than the one you used.

cheers