Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PepeMontes
Partner - Contributor III

Can't loggin with admin user into Qlik Nprinting Web Console

Hello dear community,

I have an issue while i'm trying to login with the Admin user, seems that password was changed (?). The issue here is that no one chanaged the credentials, also i couldn't reset the password with the "forgot your password?" option, the mail never reach the email destination, it's kind of curious this because i tried to reset the password of a different user and the email arrived with no any issue to other email destinations.
Another thing that i noticed is that i found the next message into the login screen. 

PepeMontes_0-1640815095224.png

Does any one faced somethign similar before? Should i raise a ticket into the support portal?

Best regards and Happy new year!.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, 

I typically would look at all services to check if they are running properly, then I would check logs (especially webengine logs) to see what is logged in there and what was logged since last time you were able to login. 

It is worth checking if there wew user import tasks (from excel or LDAP) running which could have changed your access or maybe even remove your user.

I also usually have windows login setup so I can login with my AD credentials. Have you set it up in your scenario. You could also try to login as service account.

The fact that you can use "forgot password" for other accounts and not for this one indicates to me that this user was removed from NPrinting users. The simplest way to check it would be by querying nprinting postgres db using tools like pgadmin or simply command tool. Here are the steps to use CMD tool:

• RDP to NPrinting server
  • Go to C:\Users\{USER}\AppData\Roaming\postgresql\ and check for pgpass.conf file. If you have one it should contain port and password to your NPrinting repository DB. Password is a repository DB password which was set during NPrinting installation.  If you dont have file you should be prompted for Password when you run further commands
    • Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1640825301152.png

• open CMD
    • run "cd C:\Program Files\NPrintingServer\pgsql\bin"
    • run "psql.exe -h localhost -p 4992 -U postgres nprinting" 
    • run "SELECT * From public.usr;" - make sure you end statement with semicolon ";"
    • you should get a list of all users looking like this (obviously you will have more users, I only have 2 test users setup):
    • Lech_Miszkiewicz_2-1640826157446.png

• Once you get this view you can check if the user you are trying to use is on the list, if it is enabled and if it hasn't been deleted etc.. If you cannot find your user on the list it may mean that it has been removed and i would then try to restore your instance from last backup (typically takes seconds). I hope you have at least a daily backup so you can roll back to last working period.

If you dont have a backup, dont have any other user you could use to login as admin and there is no admin user on the list of users then i suggest to contact Qlik support ASAP.

cheers

Lech 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, 

I typically would look at all services to check if they are running properly, then I would check logs (especially webengine logs) to see what is logged in there and what was logged since last time you were able to login. 

It is worth checking if there wew user import tasks (from excel or LDAP) running which could have changed your access or maybe even remove your user.

I also usually have windows login setup so I can login with my AD credentials. Have you set it up in your scenario. You could also try to login as service account.

The fact that you can use "forgot password" for other accounts and not for this one indicates to me that this user was removed from NPrinting users. The simplest way to check it would be by querying nprinting postgres db using tools like pgadmin or simply command tool. Here are the steps to use CMD tool:

• RDP to NPrinting server
  • Go to C:\Users\{USER}\AppData\Roaming\postgresql\ and check for pgpass.conf file. If you have one it should contain port and password to your NPrinting repository DB. Password is a repository DB password which was set during NPrinting installation.  If you dont have file you should be prompted for Password when you run further commands
    • Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1640825301152.png

• open CMD
    • run "cd C:\Program Files\NPrintingServer\pgsql\bin"
    • run "psql.exe -h localhost -p 4992 -U postgres nprinting" 
    • run "SELECT * From public.usr;" - make sure you end statement with semicolon ";"
    • you should get a list of all users looking like this (obviously you will have more users, I only have 2 test users setup):
    • Lech_Miszkiewicz_2-1640826157446.png

• Once you get this view you can check if the user you are trying to use is on the list, if it is enabled and if it hasn't been deleted etc.. If you cannot find your user on the list it may mean that it has been removed and i would then try to restore your instance from last backup (typically takes seconds). I hope you have at least a daily backup so you can roll back to last working period.

If you dont have a backup, dont have any other user you could use to login as admin and there is no admin user on the list of users then i suggest to contact Qlik support ASAP.

cheers

Lech 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
PepeMontes
Author

Thanks for your help Lech.
Your comment was really helpful to find the issue, unfortunately seems that this user has been removed.

Best Regards.