cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qliktime
Partner - Contributor III

Can't use Sharepoint folder as report destination

I have a Qlik Sense deployment with an Nprinting server, and some tasks that stores reports to destination folders,

It works well to store Nprinting reports into

\\qliksenseserver\Share\Nprinting,

which confirms that the Nprinting service account can write to shared network folders.

However, I'm now trying to store reports into a Sharepoint document folder. I can myself access the sharepoint folder in windows explorer by using a path like:

\\sharepoint-server\sites\k00000123\SharedDocuments\Nprinting

I'm the owner of the sharepoint site and I've added the Nprinting domain account as contributor to the sharepoint site. 
I'm still getting 
Error trying to save report in folder '\\sharepoint-server\sites\k00000123\SharedDocuments\Nprinting'. ERROR: Access to the path '\\sharepoint-server\sites\k00000123\SharedDocuments\Nprinting' is denied.

when I'm running the Nprinting task.

Any ideas?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
David_Friend
Support
Support

Unfortunately it does not, must be SMB and no authentication prompts of course.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Can you please:

1. RDP to NPrinting Server using NPrinting service account
  2. Try to store manually any file to the UNC path of your sharepoint - can you do it?

It is likely that path prompts for authentication which cannot be done automatically unless it is a path in the same domain .

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
qliktime
Author

The service account is not enabled for desktop user sessions per default.

I also have to book an appointment with IT to do anything that involves the password (it is a pretty restricted environment).

But maybe that is the next step to evaluate, even if it is a bit cumbersome. I would have done it already if I had personal access to the password of the user account.

PrashantSangle

One workaround which I did in one of my old customer, is that you can mount one drive folder on that server then you will get that folder as normal folder on your server then you can use that path in your nprinting output.

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
David_Friend
Support
Support

Can you write your reports to a local folder, then copy them via an automated task in Windows?

Frank_S
Support
Support

It works well to store Nprinting reports into

\\qliksenseserver\Share\Nprinting,

Yes likely because the NP server is in the same domain as the Qlik Sense server.

This is the required supported scenario.

Assuming that the sharepoint server is not in the same domain, it will likely not work since passthrough auth is not going to happen and you will get 'access denied' as expected.

See Requirements  for details.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
qliktime
Author

Now I've had a meeting with IT and logged in with the nprinting service account as desktop user.

We managed to successfully create files as the service account in the folder \\sharepoint-server\sites\k00000123\SharedDocuments\Nprinting 
However we had to type in the windows account name and password (same account we were already logged in with)
So Windows SSO is somehow not working in this case.
Is this the likely reason for why nprinting is unable to write files?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @qliktime ,

Yes - of course... if SSO is not working then automated process will not be able to save files to that location using that account as it will not have access.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
qliktime
Author

I talked some more to IT and realized there are some more nuances to this.

Accessing sharepoint site content using double backslash paths is likely not pure SMB. It is probably utilizing webdav.

This makes my question more precise: does Nprinting support WebDav authentication for folder destinations?

David_Friend
Support
Support

Unfortunately it does not, must be SMB and no authentication prompts of course.