cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thos0036
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot carry over color, alignment or border formatting to NPrinting from Sense

Hi all, I'm trying to build a word report with a table to meet clients very specific asks around appearance, printing to PDF, etc. I have everything worked out mostly except an indicator and date coloring issues. I've tried color by expression, CSS, formula in Designer and I get some results but not others. I can get the object with color but it isn't aligned properly and the column width expands and there is no border. I have to keep the source formats for the color coding as it is based on a date comparison and as far as I can tell I cannot do that in Word without VBA. If i try to bring over the dates with color i just get a black cell. Any ideas beside using Excel?

Note: it is a Vizlib straight table, the character is chr(11044)

Thos0036_0-1716315242458.png

Thos0036_2-1716315869637.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi. 

As always when designing report you need to think about requirements and tools on hand. Your requirements are:

• PDF output + a lot od formatting / conditional formatting

Word features dont support that and VBS is not supported. Use of Vizlib table (in my personal opinion) is a big NO, because of constant issues. I have been writing on this community for enough long time to see people coming with vizlib objects and stating something does not work). Anyway - if you wish to have like for like table from vizlib in NPrinting use it as an image (which usually is not good idea due to variable rows in tables)

Therefore the solution for this is usually different template. Since there are particular formatting requirements I would suggest use of pixel perfect template or excel template. In both of those templates I would then suggest use of standard Qlik objects (not vizlib extensions) to covered for any incombatibilities. 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2024/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Qlik-objects...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2024/Content/NPrinting/MultiDocument/Using-Sense-third...

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi. 

As always when designing report you need to think about requirements and tools on hand. Your requirements are:

• PDF output + a lot od formatting / conditional formatting

Word features dont support that and VBS is not supported. Use of Vizlib table (in my personal opinion) is a big NO, because of constant issues. I have been writing on this community for enough long time to see people coming with vizlib objects and stating something does not work). Anyway - if you wish to have like for like table from vizlib in NPrinting use it as an image (which usually is not good idea due to variable rows in tables)

Therefore the solution for this is usually different template. Since there are particular formatting requirements I would suggest use of pixel perfect template or excel template. In both of those templates I would then suggest use of standard Qlik objects (not vizlib extensions) to covered for any incombatibilities. 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2024/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Qlik-objects...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2024/Content/NPrinting/MultiDocument/Using-Sense-third...

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
David_Friend
Support
Support

agree 100% with @Lech_Miszkiewicz need to use Pixel Perfect for that level of control and avoid Vizlib they are troublesome with NP

Thos0036
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks all, I ended up trying to go that direction and ran into a completely separate issue of permissions on temp folders when trying to edit a pixel perfect report. so i will close this now.