Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rameshwary
Contributor II
Contributor II

Column placed vertically and baground colors of column in table for PPT as template using Qlik NPrinting

Hi All,

I am using  Qlik NPrinting May 2022 SR4 Version: 22.15.14.0 and Qliksense November 2022.

1) I am designing report in PPT as input template , requirement is one of column user wants as vertically aligment show below table formats :
Now                                                        

Metrics Name Descrption Main Catrgory
ABC dfhdshfsdjh PQR
test hsdfsdfsdhkh PQR
test1 eewrwejklj XYZ
test2 fhgdfgdgdf XYZ

Expected

Main Category Metrics Desciption
PQR ABC dfhdshfsdjh
test hsdfsdfsdhkh
XYZ test1 eewrwejklj
test2 fhgdfgdgdf

2) Qliksense table some of columns having background Color while designing report in NPrinting for alignment and proper adjustment of column unselected Keep source formatting to fit in 1 page. how to apply background color for columns while designing PPT report using Qlik NPrintng. I have imported as Table.

rameshwary_0-1708138764730.png

Qlik NPrinting  

11 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @rameshwary 

When designing NPrinting reports you need to take into account limitations of template you are going to use. Power Point does not have conditional colour formats for tables hence there is no way to have "keep source format disabled" and at the same time have conditional colours on your table.

Second thing is your table alignment. It looks like you are trying to work with pivot table which has very limited functionalities. I am not sure what your final goal is and reasons behind you doing it all in power point but I will just say that there are significant limitations in power point capabilities hence I dont think you can achieve everything you need using that template format.

Why are you doing this report in PPT? Can you consider any other template which supports more customisation?

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
rameshwary
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz ,

Thanks for reply.

User wants to modify or add some comments in output report of Nprinting. So i started designing template in PPT.

Can you please suggest which template will be good to fulfil these requirements.

1) First column of risk category as vertical alignment data as below screenshot :

rameshwary_0-1708329608717.png

2) Same table some of column applied background colors.

rameshwary_1-1708329622627.png

3) After generation of report end result file user able to update or add some comments in the file.

Waiting for positive response.

Let me know if we need more information.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @rameshwary 

I would have gone with excel template and produce XLSX file which can have placeholders for commentary. Using that template you can easily achieve all your requirements in many different ways including native excel functionalities, conditional colours etc.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
rameshwary
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

But user wants to give presentation of output file for that mostly user uses PPT or PDF files.

Please correct me if i missed anything.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @rameshwary 

Power Point is out of the question for your layout requirements hence I suggested excel template. 

I did not know that the requirement is to give presentation afterwards. It seems like there is particular workflow involved so instead of me guessing what the full workflow will look like you may first provide to us what are the acceptable steps are what are not. 

I thought that having excel as a template will allow you to have a lot of ease and freedom in designing your report. Given that users are still adding some comments they need to open that report and save it afterwards which in my head could be as simple as print to PDF from that excel - is that acceptable?

There is also option of creating PDF directly from excel template as that report output is available.

So yeah - there are options but the standard procedure when designing in NPrinitng should be planning and establishing how users are going to use those reports, what is acceptable and what is not and then you can suggest possibilities from NPrinting side of things.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

About the table background color: Qlik NPrinting does its best to keep the original Qlik Sense formats but in some cases they are not replicated. You can try to export the table as image or to recreate it as, for example, a native Excel table using the template formatting features. 

Please add only the label of the version you are using. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

@Ruggero_Piccoli - I think this is out of the question. Looking at what we know so far you can see that there is vertical direction of text in first column which you cannot achieve in Qlik so you kind of have to rely on template features. From all known templates I can only assume Excel or PixelPerfect delivering requirements @rameshwary wants./

There are obviously many unknown things going with it as we dont know how the wole report needs to look like so we can only rely on what we know so far. 

hope this helps

Lech

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Yes, what I mean is that also in Excel the background color of the table at point 2 of the original question will not be replicated. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, yes - it may not be replicated directly from Qlik Sense but there will be possibility to use excel conditional formatting so required output can be achieved. 

I am not saying that it will be as simple as drag & drop, but it will be definitelly possible.

cheers