Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kai_berlin
Contributor
Contributor

Condition not working / not refreshing without app reload

Hi,

we are using a condition in NPrinting to avoid sending out reports where the app reload failed or didn't start at all due to previous reload tasks fail.

The variable is defined as follows in Qlik Sense: LET vReloadDate = Date(Today());

In NPrinting the condition is defined as follows:

kai_berlin_0-1717426724317.png

Last weekend the app in Qlik Sense wasn't reloaded (both Saturday and Sunday) since a previous process step failed. However NPrinting still send the report on Saturday and Sunday. So I was asking myself if NPrinting keeps the result of a condition in the cache as long as the app isn't reloaded.

Is there anyone who had a similar issue?

Today we updated to NPrinting February 2024, not sure if there was a fix regarding that topic between the two versions.

Qlik NPrinting 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Good morning @kai_berlin 

If you know that the source data use in your NP connection is changing frequently, it is best to reload the NP connection frequently as well. But the NP connection reload should occur after the source data updates have been completed. ie: if your Qlik Sense app had been updated, then you should reload NP connection there after.

You may use the schedule trigger tool found in the NP connection to create a regularly scheduled reload (if you are not already doing so).

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

@kai_berlin 

Doublecheck that your task execution settings are what you need to meet your requirement.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2024/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Tasks/...

If the above doesn't help, you may need to start a support case if the issue persists after upgrading as investigating will require thorough log reviews and a more end to end examination of the problem you are encountering.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
kai_berlin
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@Frank_S 

Thanks for your reply. I doublechecked our settings and changed the setting "When a publish task cannot resolve a variable tag" to "Do not send the email".

Actually we are using the condition twice in NPrinting (for two different tasks with different connections), the other condition was working as expected. Just came to my mind that I recently did some smaller changes in the data load editor of the affected app. Not sure if in these cases I should have refreshed the metadata of the connection.

Frank_S
Support
Support

Good morning @kai_berlin 

If you know that the source data use in your NP connection is changing frequently, it is best to reload the NP connection frequently as well. But the NP connection reload should occur after the source data updates have been completed. ie: if your Qlik Sense app had been updated, then you should reload NP connection there after.

You may use the schedule trigger tool found in the NP connection to create a regularly scheduled reload (if you are not already doing so).

Kind regards...