Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sathvik
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Convert JSON array to Powershell Array and filter the required data using QLIK CLI for an Automation

Hi Community,

I have been working on a NPRINTING automation task in which i need to get the reloaded data of an app (i.e., I should know the status of the app whether it is reloaded today or not) if it is reloaded today then the app should be exported from Saas to Onprem and to NPRINTING reporting. 

Here the challenge I am facing is I am able to get the reloaded status of a particular app from the cloud but I need to apply a filter stating whether it is reloaded today or not If yes then it should be exported. This process should be done in an automated way using QLIK CLI .

I have tried converting the JSON array and asked for individual values but I am getting all the values of the reloaded app....JSON.PNG

Please share your ideas of how my requirement can be achieved..

Thanks in advance,

Sathvik

Labels (3)
1 Reply
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Sathvik 

1. This is not really NPrinting related question - you would be better of asking it on Integration, Extension & APIs forum
  2. you say: "This process should be done in an automated way using QLIK CLI ..." and I am asking WHY you want to do it using CLI and not automation?
  3. Workflow
    1. NPrinting requires templates - so all apps need to be already OnPrem and configured to work with NPrinting
    2. In that case why do you need to pre-filter apps in SaaS - It would be easier to get all apps down to OnPrem
    3. Filtering of On-Prem apps can be done:
      1. Via API - On-Prem check if app was reloaded and then API call to trigger NPrinting
      2. or trigger NPrinting regardless of reload status but have condition to proceed or abandon task if not reloaded on the day

I know that logically what you are trying to do probably makes more sense as less traffic will be required, however from complexity point of view you I think my suggestion is easier and most of all will work

cheers 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.