cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kdmarkee221
Contributor III
Contributor III

Converting nprinting reports from qlikview app to qlik sense app

I suspect others have had to do the following and I'm wondering if you have any tips or best practices to convert as efficiently as possible...

I have several NPrinting reports based off of QlikView app objects but now I must convert my Qlikview apps as Qlik Sense apps AND THEN get the NPrinting reports to work with the respective Qlik Sense app.  The later step that is bolded is what I'm wondering about; something tells me I will basically be forced to rebuild my NPrinting reports from scratch because how the object ids work between QlikView and Qlik Sense is different.  Thanks.

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi - yes, You will need to:

• recreate Qlik Sense objects
  • regenerate connection 
    • my way of doing this is usually by generating QS connection withing the same NPrinting App so that when I edit QlikView template I can also pull in Qlik Sense objects within reporti pointing still to QlikView and then one by one and replacing them in template.
  • once all objects are migrated I run preview and pray

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
David_Friend
Support
Support

yes by hand unfortunately 😞

kdmarkee221
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I finally experimented with this concept today.  I wasn't comfortable using any of my existing QView-based NPrinting components for fear of something obscure messing up my current production-level processes, so I did the following (even though a bit more work, it felt safer):

Note my abbreviations:  NP (NPrinting), QV (Qlikview), QS (Qlik Sense)

1. exported my QV-based report
  2. built a new "stage" app in NP
  3. built a new QV-based connection > linked to the stageapp
  4. built a new QS-based connection > linked to the stageapp
  5. imported my exported report from step 1 > linked to the stage app
  6. replaced QV-based fields with my QS-based fields in the report
  7. exported my now QS-based report
  8. built a new "production" app in NP - the one I plan to use permanently
  9. imported my QS-based report from step 7 > linked to the prod app
    1. set both connections to the QS-based connection
  10. my resulting report, the production one I plan to use permanently, now "appears" totally clean without any QV connections or fields (I just hope no other lingering metadata is still there that potentially could cause me issues later when I want to clean up the NP QMC by getting rid of my QV-based components...apps, connections, filters, conditions, tasks, etc)