Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mab_koz
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Crash + Error encountred in NPrinting : "The RPC server in unavailable"

Hi community,

I am encountering a problem while developing with NPrinting. During the report "preview", sometimes I am getting the error " The RPC server in unavailable" and NPrinting designer crashes. So I have to end the task (and sometimes I don't even find the task in task manager ‌‌) and relaunch NPrinting designer to continue my developements. 

The error is unpredictable. It happens sometimes. It can appear 3 times in 2 hours, as it can appear 1 time in a day.

What are the possible causes of this error and the solutions to it ? Thank you in advance!

I found this link on Qlik Help, but it doesn't really help. 

I am working with Qlik NPrinting February 2024 SR2 and I am generating an Excel report. 

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi. 
for me the usual suspects are any excel options opened for editing, for example:

• Having excel formula cell in edit mode when previewing
  • having conditional formatting interface enabled when previewing
  • having cell formatting window opened when previewing

there are many other combinations “locking” excel which prevents preview from opening also causing actual template to be externalised as a file outside of a NPrinting designer.

My rule is to make sure I dont have any other excel files opened when working in designer.

cheers 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Frank_S
Support
Support

@mab_koz 

Additionally you stated your version of NPrinting is Feb .2024 SR 2.

Please ensure that both NP designer and NP server are both the same version.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2024/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Common-editi...

If possible please also try to uninstall then reinstall the NP designer but ensure it is the same version/service release that matches the NP server.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!