Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramsurya
Contributor III
Contributor III

Create folder for Cyclic field used in report in Qlikview NPrinting

Hi Team,

I have report which I have 3 fields for Cycle - > Port Group, Fund no and analysis date.

These files I need to distribute in folder as below : Folder -> Year -> Month -> Port Group

But I didn't get any value for Port group so folder created - and then it is placing all files in that folder.

Instead of that I want to create folder for each port group and respective fund no and analysis date files will generate in that folder.

2 Replies
Eva_B
Employee
Employee

Hello, 

I noticed per your tags you are using Qlik NPrinting 16.x have you seen the Cycle Tutorials found here?

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/QlikView-NPrinting-16-Tutorials-Filters-Cycle...

Please let me know if this helps with your question.

Regards,

Eva 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi.

to add to other comments:

Data quality is something what you need to look at. First make sure that when you cycle through dimension values it has values for each cycle - if there are null's or empty ones make sure yo uchange them conditionbaly in Qlik Load script so there is a value like "empty", "na" or something similar. Also make sure you always have associated data on all 3 levels. 

the other thing you have to check is how your date is formatted.  Remember that some characters cannot be used in file or folder names (for example characters like : or / ). This is windows os limitation.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.