Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paolo_cordini
Partner - Contributor III

Cross Level Calculation in Pixel Perfect

Hello 

I have a Pixel Perfect report, which is called from the On Demand Qlik Sense Button.
Users can select one or more document numbers before generating the report.

In the report, I have a "document" level, so the result should be as in the following example

Document 1

Row Type Qty Type Qty
1 A 10 42
2 A 20 42
3 B 5 25

Document 2

Row Type Qty Type Qty
1 A 12 42
2 B 20 25

Footer

Type Type Qty
A 42 (10+20+12)
B 25 (20+5)

The problem is that the column "Type Qty" is calculated on the total (Document1+Document2) qty value of "Type" dimension. But when processing the levels, a single document is selected, so the total value is not known.

I cannot use a Qlik formula here because the base (total) value depends on which documents are selected by the user before creating the report.

I tried in several ways using calculated fields in Pixel Perfect template, trying to use the "Footer" values, but with no result (I always obtain a blank)

Any suggestion?

Thank You

Best Regards

Paolo

Labels (2)
11 Replies
paolo_cordini
Author

Got it! I had another field in the dimension_level tables, for sorting purposes. I have to disregard this field too in the formula.

Now it works!
Thank you a lot.

regards

Paolo

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

excellent!

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.