Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ranidas
Partner - Contributor III

Custom Grand total issue in Pivot tables with Dynamic Data

Hi All, 
I have a pivot table in QlikSense with 2 dimension(Country and City) and one measure with expression (A/B).
I have converted Pivot table to straight table and using Excel Pivot option for designing the structure w.r.tPivot table in QS, I Need to show Grand total in Pivot table in NPrinting , but its not matching with QS total which we enabled total feature from presentation tab. As per my analysis ,NP total simply doing the summation of final output (A/B) of measure values across each dimention values instead of calculating sum (A) and SUm (B) at overall level and doing the division . 

To handle this , i have created variable with expression in QS for showing grand total by not using excels grand total , but since data is dynamic, i am unable to find the position for placing this and also we are dealing with 2 dimensions in pivot.

ISU A B Exp in QS: A/B  
QS Total 440 190 2.315789474 (Expected output)
A 100 20 5  
B 140 70 2  
C 200 100 2  
    Grand Total in NP 9 (i.e 5+2+2)

Please help

@Lech_Miszkiewicz  @Ruggero_Piccoli 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Well yes - you are correct - your total in NPrinting is summation as it is using excel pivot table features and you are limited to excel options there. 

In those scenarios i tend to use workaround and depending on your final output requirements you may just mimic pivot table look using simply straight table data and grouping dimensions.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Well yes - you are correct - your total in NPrinting is summation as it is using excel pivot table features and you are limited to excel options there. 

In those scenarios i tend to use workaround and depending on your final output requirements you may just mimic pivot table look using simply straight table data and grouping dimensions.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
ranidas
Author

Many Thanks for your inputs .