Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
happyfeet11
Contributor III
Contributor III

Cycling reports

Hallo All

Need urgent help in the genearting a report and Sending it per email.

i have a qliksense app with a table and five columns : A,B,C, D,E.

i would like to do the following .

report Name : ABC.pdf

and cycle per Field A, B and C

I try to use the cycling option but even after 3 hrs it Fails to generate a report and the server stands still.

Kindly help

Its very urgent.

Best Indrani

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
robert_mika
Master III
Master III

How many values do you have per column?

If you have applied all 3 dimensions (A,B,C) as cycle the NP is looping thru all the columns.

Taking A1,B1,C1

A1,B1,C2,

where 1,2 are values in the columns

View solution in original post

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

Do you really need 3.75M reports?

Not about your data model (you can share it) but maybe a solution is to concatenate those dimensions and then loop thru it?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
robert_mika
Master III
Master III

How many values do you have per column?

If you have applied all 3 dimensions (A,B,C) as cycle the NP is looping thru all the columns.

Taking A1,B1,C1

A1,B1,C2,

where 1,2 are values in the columns

happyfeet11
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Robert

there are about 150 rows per column. ist a dynamic app and evenytually the report would also be dynamic .

I understand your logic. but i really Need the report with there three infos as A, B and C are unique per row. so filtering will not working.

i actually once did cycling based on order goup and Customer id and it worked very smoothly. i am wondering why isnt it working this time.

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

Do you really need 3.75M reports?

Not about your data model (you can share it) but maybe a solution is to concatenate those dimensions and then loop thru it?

happyfeet11
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

thanks a lot Robert. i am going to try it right now

happyfeet11
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Robert tried concatenating the dimensionsA B and C. now i have three columsn DAte, result and ABC. still cycling per ABC with 150 datapoints would make the system slow. any solutions please

TIA

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

In Qlik NPrinting terminology cycling means to create a different file for each combination of the fields configured in the cycling settings. It is explained in https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2020/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Cycling-you....

Your request has a very short description and it is not clear to me. Do you want to create a different file for each combination of the fields? Or what is your goal?

If you are a customer and you have an urgent request, please consider also to open a support ticket. This is a community of volunteers so we cannot warranty a specific response time as we did with the support service.

I also strongly suggest you to start by studying the Qlik NPrinting official help site. This will give you the correct terminology and the skills to create the templates you need.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.