Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ElifGuler
Contributor II
Contributor II

Date Field in Nprinting

Hello, 

I've tried to use nprinting for the first time.  I created filters and users by import task, but could not create date field filter. 

I've tried text format or date format but  it seperates the expression like two different fields as below. What should I do?

Field : DATE(ARVENTO_DATE,'DD.MM.YYYY') AS DATE_ARVENTO_DATE

Import Task Excel: 

ElifGuler_3-1664781391612.png

Nprinting: 

ElifGuler_2-1664781346952.png

Labels (2)
7 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @ElifGuler 

which topics of already many discussed on community have you reviewed before posting your question about date field filter?

I have explained in many of them importance of understanding data type of  date field and therefore consequence of options used in filters

i have also written blog posts about this (check all with filters subject here https://nprintingadventures.com/category/nprinting/filters/

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
ElifGuler
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello @Lech_Miszkiewicz ,

I guess the problem is not format of the field , since I can write  the expression nprinting filters area and it works  but I want to import via excel, but it does not understand the expression is for one field because of comma between date() and 'dd.mm.yyyy' probably. It shows the filter like below

ElifGuler_0-1664806304024.png

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

In the screenshot the formula is split in two rows. I suggest testing the formula in Qlik Sense and only when it works there copy and paste it in Qlik NPrinting. 

Qlik NPrinring sends the formulas to Qlik Sense who evaluates them and returns the results. So formulas must work in Qlik Sense (or QlikView).

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
ElifGuler
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello, 

I had already tried in qliksense. Format was right. I solve the problem with double-quote in excel which is used in import task like;

date_arvento_date = { “date(today()-1, ‘DD.MM.YYYY’)”} 

now it writes whole expression for one field and it works. 

thank you for your replies

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

@ElifGuler  I see - well the question then was about problems regarding import syntax and single quotes. I am glad you got this working finally. 

Now my comments still applies to this as in your case you didn't have to use Date() functional at all and therefore you wouldnt have to worry about single quotes mark in excel import file. If your date field is of the type Date, numeric, integer... then you could simply use  =floor(Today()-1) and it should still work ok as filter in evaluate value still expects numerical value of the as a filter. 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
David_Friend
Support
Support

@ElifGuler be sure to mark that solution from @Ruggero_Piccoli  as the Solution for this, thanks!

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @David_Friend - i reckon @ElifGuler 's own answer is correct to this topic and will help others with the same problem - hence I think that one should be marked as solution. 

Ruggero and mine suggestions were correct in some areas but wouldn't solve the issue entirely.

That is my opinion on that.