Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ri_ta
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Delete blank pages in PDF from Nprinting Excel report

Hi,

I'm working on an excel template in nprinting (june 2019). The report has 2 pages, the problem is, when I preview the report in PDF between the two pages of the report, I have 2 blank pages I don't know how to delete.

The report is connected to a Qlik Sense app. (Qlik Sense version is also june 2019).

The graphs and tables fit in each page, no object is large enough to have to go to a 2nd page. 

The template in excel already has the page's margins set to narrow and orientation set to landscape.

Any idea how to delete the blank pages the pdf previewing is creating?

Thanks!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It is down to printing settings, If your content is too large to fit 1 page it will go to another page... or you could have some invisable objects below which may not be printed but would extend page printing area...

The easiest for us to investigate would be if you produce report as excel file... change/scramble data (but dont change any other settings) and attach it here, then we will be able to investigate your file.

What settings have you in your template (see attached image)?

1.PNG

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You need to setup properly Excel Print Area in your template and make sure you don't have any empty sheets - (you can hide sheets whicha are used but you dont want to printi to PDF). 

To investigate further i suggest you generate report to excel format first and then try to go to: 

• Page Layout - Print Area
  • and next View--> Page Break View

then try to print as pdf - you will then be able to see the print areas better as you can preview them. At this stage it will be literally excel printing question and not NPrinitng question.

Once you learn what settings you require you can apply the same in your NPrinting Excel Template

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ri_ta
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi,

That didn't solve the problem... In my excel template I'm respecting the margins and I have no page breaks. Also, I have no hidden sheets. The report only has two sheets.

Setting the print area didn't work.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Rita

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It is down to printing settings, If your content is too large to fit 1 page it will go to another page... or you could have some invisable objects below which may not be printed but would extend page printing area...

The easiest for us to investigate would be if you produce report as excel file... change/scramble data (but dont change any other settings) and attach it here, then we will be able to investigate your file.

What settings have you in your template (see attached image)?

1.PNG

Ri_ta
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi,

When those settings are set, the zoom decreases and every object in the sheet gets smaller.

But it works! It's a not a perfect solution, but it does the trick. Thanks!

Rita

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

well. That only proves that your content was not set to fit one (whatever size of page - A4 or A3 or Lettere etc...) you have chosen. 
again-remeber that reports output to PDF are PDF prints so they respect page sizes set in page size settings. 

and again - thie is just standard excel behaviour when printing (to pdf, to paper printer etc...)