Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
igorgois_
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

ERROR: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.. Check logs for details.

Hello,

Im getting this error on Nprinting 17 (april 2018) when trying to reload metadata from a connection

30 de Maio de 2018 09:53:41ErrorCache generation failed: Error processing request of type Qlik.Reporting.Engine.Messages.Requests.QlikViewDocumentMetadataRequest for sense app b2e35d67-596d-4168-b7b6-27c124f8d18a. ERROR: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.. Check logs for details.

I also saw this thread Nprinting Error: Object Reference not set to an instance to an object but without success.

I tried to remove one extension that could be the cause, but still getting the same issue.

Where can I see in logs what is the object that Nprinting is looking for?

I cant edit my report because it says? You must generate the cache for the app 'DOP - Excecoes - Hora em Hora' before editing the report template.

Any clue?

Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
igorgois_
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I dont know exactly what was the cause but the problem was solved after:

- removed the extension

- corrected one variable that was with wrong value

- removed one sheet

View solution in original post

3 Replies
glacoste
Creator
Creator

Sometimes the nprinting_engine.log offers more detail, search the log in %ProgramData%\NPrinting\Logs  in the NPrinting server machine.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

and maybe turn the debug mode on. help document provides steps how to do this.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
igorgois_
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I dont know exactly what was the cause but the problem was solved after:

- removed the extension

- corrected one variable that was with wrong value

- removed one sheet