Skip to main content
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor III
Contributor III

Engine is locking qvf file

Hi all,

I have a large app ~7gb that is used for nprinting reports and it keeps getting locked daily for an hour.

We have run PROCMON to see if other processes are locking it and did not find any. We have also checked for scans and antivirus. We have also tried to apply the same load at different times of the day to replciate but were unsuccessful.


Any ideas or pointers on what could be causing this or how i can further debug?


Purger: Done, reason Document obsolete/timeout, took 60631 us
QF: Waiting on file [\\server\QSEShare\Apps\AppIDXXX] to be released
NotificationManagement: Received settings updated callback path is: [/settings-changed]
QF: Waiting on file [\\server\QSEShare\Apps\AppIDXXX] to be released
Purger: Start scan of 2 documents, reason Document obsolete/timeout
Labels (1)
1 Reply
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @srik00001 

I am not sure what your problem actually is? Can you elaborate

  • what you are using? QlikView or Qlik Sense? (now with QlikView we also can have qvf files so you need to be obviously precise when describing your case)
  • what version of either are you using
  • confirming that you are using NPrinting May 2022
  • confirming connection type (QVP, Local or Qlik Sense)?

Once above is confirmed please elaborate:

  • what do you make out of the "locking" issue?
  • Why is it an issue?
  • Is this causing reload issues?
  • Is NPrinting killing a QlikView or Qlik Sense server?

Obviously with NPrinting design you need to be smart and plan everything before just connecting to document and hoping for the best. Normally you wouldn't connect NPrinting to 7GB file without understanding fully why it is required, what reports are produced from it? Could those reports be produced from reduced size apps? Is there section access used? What are hardware resources usage at the time when NPrinting runs (hardware mainly on QlikView/Qlik Sense server when using server connection or Hardware on NPrinting server when using Local connection). 

My point here is: one issue can be caused simply by wrong design and lack of proper planning. To be clear - I am not accusing you of doing anything wrong, all I am trying to do here is to trigger you to ask yourself all those question and mainly get a true answer to all of them. 


Lets get more information and context from you and once we hear back we can take it further - cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.