Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pavel_I
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Error: CEF rendering exception

Dear Qlik Community,

I faced following issue when trying to add an img to my NPrinting report: Error: CEF rendering exception (attached is a screenshot of error popup). I've tested with different types of apps/objects/reports but always got the same issue. It is probably worth mentioning that there are no connection issues between Nprinting and Qlik Sense servers.

I know that this issue is often discussed here and i've also checked those articles:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Nprinting-Log-ERROR-CEF-rendering-exception-GRPC-rendering/t...

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Advanced-troubleshooting-of-the-GRPC-and-or-CEF-Error-Issues...

but in none of the could find a solution for my case. I've checked cipher suites and both servers contain all required ones. Our both servers are in cloud and we found no issues with firewall or ports.

I would appreciate your support and thank you in advance.

Regards,

Pavel

Labels (2)
12 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

HI Pavel,

Yes you might simply have low resources on the NPrinting server and or the Qlik Sense server.

By rebooting or restarting services you are reducing RAM and CPU consumption temporarily.

You should keep an eye on your system resources using Windows performance monitoring tools tool to monitor RAM and CPU usage and address any shortages there in based this monitoring.

You might also consider scheduling regular restarts of your NPrinting and Qlik Sense servers to mitigate performance and memory leak issues.

Kind regards..

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Frank_S
Support
Support

@Digvijay_Singh

I don't know that you can entirely get ride of those errors (particularly during heavy NPrinting report distribution and perhaps combined with day to day Qlik Sense system usage not related to NPrinting. QS and NP server saturation can cause timeout errors) but if you follow the points in my responses to Pavel, then you should hopefully see less of them.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi, 

They are timeout errors. Are you using a Qlik Sense extension? Could you check the Qlik Sense server workload and response time? How long will it take to open the Qlik Sense charts used in Qlik NPrinting manually and directly in Qlik Sense?

If it doesn't solve please open a support ticket with the complete logs and everything we need to be able to reproduce the issue.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.