Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
npagliarin_NTT
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Error Creating App Connection

Hi,

i've installed NPrinting 17 February 2019 Patch 1 (190040).

When i try to create an app connection, the verification task return the error 

The "Identity" and the Qlik NPrinting Engine service account are a Windows domain user.

Screen NPrinting.png

Can you help me?

Thanks

Nicolò

Labels (3)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

says BLACK on WHITE (Be a domain user)  🙂

but does it really have to be? not always - for testing sometimes you can get away without having this check working and connection can still be generated. This however seems to be not supported configuration.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

@Lech_Miszkiewicz  in Windows you can sometimes cheat the lack of a common domain by creating two users with the exact same username and password, albeit on different domains.

Will it work? There is a chance. Will it be supported? I'm afraid not. In case of any problems Qlik will request to setup a supported environment.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi! 
"srv-qlik_dmz\dev1" doesn't look like a domain user,  but a local account on srv-qlik_dmz.

You need to have domain users to make this work.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
npagliarin_NTT
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks,

this is a server on DMZ network out of our domain (for testing purpose).

The users are only local users.

This means NPrinting works only with a domain?

In the Official help the screenshot show the use of local users.

Frank_S
Support
Support

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/User-accou...

Windows Qlik NPrinting Engine service administrator

You must create and use a dedicated Windows user account to install Qlik NPrinting Engine and run the associated services. You are prompted to enter these credentials on the Service logon credentials screen during the Qlik NPrinting Engine installation. The Qlik NPrinting Engine service administrator runs the Qlik NPrinting Engine service.

The Windows user account must:

• Be a member of the local Windows Administrators group.
  • Be a domain user.
  • Have Log on as a service rights.
Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

says BLACK on WHITE (Be a domain user)  🙂

but does it really have to be? not always - for testing sometimes you can get away without having this check working and connection can still be generated. This however seems to be not supported configuration.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

@Lech_Miszkiewicz  in Windows you can sometimes cheat the lack of a common domain by creating two users with the exact same username and password, albeit on different domains.

Will it work? There is a chance. Will it be supported? I'm afraid not. In case of any problems Qlik will request to setup a supported environment.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

correct - this is exactly what i tried to say!