Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KHSDM
Creator III
Creator III

Excel Print Area Error

Hi,

Recently I upgraded my Nprinting to June 2020 SR1 (from Nov 2019). But I'm having error when generating Excel report with print area. Previously before the upgrade, I don't have such problem. The reason for using the print area is because we want to exclude certain column in the PDF generated. Anyone else facing the same issue?

Byrpeeveyb.png

Labels (2)
13 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz ,

I suppose that re-create only the printing area could solve. Did you tested it?

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli 

correct. I had to recreate print area only

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Archie
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi,

In my environment (Nprinting 2020 Nov + Qlik Sense Enterprise 2020 Nov) the error persisted even after clearing and recreating the print area. Only removing the print area completely, solved the error.  So looks like the bug is not yet fixed completely. 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

February 2021 has the following bug fix:

Excel print area with more than one range
The creation of Excel reports with worksheets containing print areas with more than one range ended with the
error: “Invalid Cell Name”. Thanks to this bugfix, you can create print areas with more than one range, but that
print area must not be modified during report creation.

Maybe it is your case.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.