Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asuod_
Contributor III
Contributor III

Excel Report NPrinting Designer Size Error?

Hello,

I am building out a excel report through NPrinting Designer and im getting the following error below when I try to preview or save it. Ive been troubleshooting this for a while and it seems to be a sizing issue. If i remove some columns of data and/or filters then it runs perfectly fine but when i add even one more columns or filters it gives the error. Maybe an object or filter limitations? Has anyone come across this or know a workaround? Thank you!

Asuod__0-1661454972487.png

Labels (2)
6 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Show us a snapshot of your entire designer/report template so we can analyze if you've missed something in your report configuration.

kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Asuod_
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Frank,

Attached is the template and a screenshot of the table objects, sorry had to redact all the information but hopefully it enough to provide an idea . My goal is to have 5 straight table object, each filtered differently and placed on 5 separate tabs in the excel report.  Currently, I could only get 4 straight table objects due to the error and each table contains about 141 columns. I am able to run preview/ save the report through tab1,2 and 3 w/ the straight table objects and filters applied but tab 4 is when i start having issues, i get the error if i populate columns pass column DN on tab or if i add any filters to the 4th table object. 

Frank_S
Support
Support

It seems that you might actually be using more that 256 columns which is a known limitation. Perhaps you have hidden columns as well. If so , those count.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Common-editing-feature.ht...

Limitations

Report templates should only be edited by one person at a time. While it is possible for two people to open a report template in Qlik NPrinting Designer, it is not supported.

...tables with more than 256 columns cannot be imported into Qlik NPrinting report templates.

Generated reports can be a maximum of 512 MB.

• Qlik NPrinting Designer must be the same version as Qlik NPrinting Server.

But on closer inspection, it appears you have 258 columns.

The act of removing a couple of columns, which you've done based on your initial statement, is a good workaround.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Asuod_
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Frank,

I have the same amount of columns for Tab1,2,3 which work fine, if i only highlight the columns there are only 141 columns. The top row on each tab are just the columns names and I exported a file and it is only 501kb in size. So not sure what the reasoning is for the error. 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You could try to create a new template and add a worksheet at a time until you get the error again so you can isolate the cause. Like @Frank_S I suppose the generated report is bigger than one of the limitations. For example, check the number of rows.

Otherwise, open a support ticket with everything we need to reproduce the issue. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Asuod_
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

I did try to add a worksheet at a time and it worked fine which makes me believe its some kind of limitation. I only kept tab 1,2,3 then add another table object so now i have 5 table objects and 3 excel tabs with 141 columns on each tab and it threw the same error. Starting to wonder if it could be a NPrinting Designer or NPrinting Server limitation?