Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elainemarkley
Contributor
Contributor

Excel Tables not being recognised when Task is run Urgent issue with latest version

We recently upgraded to Sept 2019 version of NPrinting. I have an excel dashboard that uses Excel tables and pivot functionality.

However since upgrading the Data tab isn't being recognised as a table any more so the pivots error and the whole report breaks.  Anyone come across this?

We found a problem with some content. Do you want us to recover as much as possible?

Labels (2)
7 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Before upgrade there should be a backup taken - I trust you have followed this step so it will be easy to roll back if needed.

I also trust that after upgrade you refreshed connection metadata as per upgrade instructions, did you do that?

to get more detailed help, you probably should write your question including a lot more details (screenshots and descriptions what is working and what is not)

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
elainemarkley
Contributor
Contributor
Author

yes I have backups and refreshed meta data.

I also opened template and checked it was ok.

everything runs no errors. its only when I open the output in excel. the data hasn't been converted to a table.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You probably will have to include few pictures... of your template and results so we can see what is not working. 

“Data not converted to a table”. ....
what do you mean? Is it excel table (As opposed to range)... or excel pivot table? Or something else?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
elainemarkley
Contributor
Contributor
Author

pictures attached

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

First of all, if you have an urgent issue, please open directly a support ticket. This is a community of volunteers and we don't supply a minimum service level with the community.

I checked the images in the .docx you posted, but the source template is not visible. I suspect that the setting of the Excel table was lost. Please post also a screenshot of the template.

As general rule, the upgrading process doesn't modify the templates. Be also sure that you upgraded also the Qlik NPrinting Designer to the same version of the Server.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
elainemarkley
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for the advice I have raised a ticket through my provider I did this also as it is an urgent issue for me and hence the title. However I have now rolled back to June 2018 version and will continue to work towards a solution.

I checked the template when I upgraded. picture attached it didn't have anything wrong as far as I could see.

Yes I upgraded the designer.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I tested on my November 2019 installation with a table and it works. 

Did you tried to recreate the template from scratch? Maybe it is the template damaged for some unknown reasons. Otherwise wait the answer of the support.

You told June 2018 but I suppose you mean June 2019.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.