cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ksgo
Contributor II
Contributor II

Excel Toolbar Missing from Single Report

Hi - I've been working in various NPrinting reports over the last few days and one report has the Excel toolbar hidden and I cannot bring it back - the Toolbar button at the top does nothing, I've tried closing and re-opening several times, all the usual stuff you check before posting. Normal Excel keybinds do nothing.  My other reports function just fine, it seems to be this one that's having trouble. Please help!

ksgo_0-1648487220545.png

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Try this @ksgo

UPDATED
Before doing below, please restart your computer.

• Click the 'Toolbar' button in the NP designer
  • Pin the MS excel menu if hidden inside the template editor

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Frank_S
Support
Support

If that doesn't work,

Try:

• Export your report out of the NP web console
  • Open the exported zip file
  • Try to open the excel file contained therein...does it open normally or is it damaged in some way?
Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
ksgo
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi - as I mentioned in my original report, I've hit that button repeatedly and nothing happens. I've tried selecting various cells (as I've had some luck getting it to work with calculated cells versus cells with NPrinting data) but it's hit or miss and doesn't work.  When it is cooperating, I do not have the Pin option for task bar. Not sure if it's a feature of a version I don't have? We're on May 2021 SR3...

Exported files and preview files are all working correctly and there's no corruption or damage.

Frank_S
Support
Support

This is very strange indeed,

I think we will need a support case started to investigate further with you directly.

kind regards...

Frank_S
Support
Support

Actually @ksgo

There is one more thing you can do.

I would ask that you uninstall then reinstall the NPrinting Designer.

Also ensure when reinstalling that the designer is the identical version and service release as the NPrinting Server.

Kind regards...