Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excel conditional formatting lost when using nprinting 17 levels

Am generating an excel file using nprinting 17. I conditionally format a couple of cells, within in a table(that i created using columns from a qliksense object in the excel template) such that if the value in one cell is greater than the other cell, its shaded green or else red. It was working fine.

The moment i introduced a level and then wrapped it around the previously created table - the level functionality was working fine as it was spanning out tables in the same worksheet for the various values of the level that I added. However, the conditional formatting was totally last. I can no longer see the cells shaded as per the conditional formatting rule that I set up earlier.

Is this a known issue or am i missing something here ? Help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

010 Template.png

Hi,

I suggest you to apply the Excel conditional formatting to two rows (the green and the red ones in the picture) in the template. Then add a <deleterow> tag at the beginning of the unuseful row so it will be deleted from the produced report.

020 report.png

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

16 Replies
darrell_tobin
Creator
Creator

Do you have an example of the excel formula and the table you can share so we can have a look please.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Darrell,

Attached screenshots of the excel that i am using and the formula that is relevant.

When I don't include the <RMLevel>, the table prints out fine and the colors look correct. The moment I pull the <RMLevel> to the template, the level works fine, as in the table you see is repeated for each of the values of the RMLevel - but the color coding is totally missing.excel.JPGFormatFormula.JPG

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Have you tried defining your table and referencing that in your formula rather than cells.   The issue will be the level moves the cell start for each table instance.   by defining and referencing your table it should hold the formatting.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey Andy,

Not completely sure what you meant there when you say "Defining your table". The table that you see in my screenshot is straight out of qliksense. I added it to the tables node in excel and then dragged each of the table columns manually into the excel template.

didn't really get the "Defining and referencing your table" either. Can you explain a bit please.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

You can highlight your table area and give it a name for reference.   I've used it to identify the data source for pivot tables using nprinting.  

I'll have a go at it tomorrow morning and get an example working as it should work.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

ok.Thanks.

But am interested in formatting only one of the columns in the table ! Should I be referencing a table ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Andy,

just some more detail.

My goal is to repeat the table that you're seeing for each value of the RMLevel. So am nesting the table within the RMLevel tags- After which I expect to something like this as in the attached image here. I expect to see only the Avg.Team Score column shaded in either red/green in comparison with the avg.comparison group score on the right.

Capture.JPG

Also, I am creating a page for each category, so the above table is repeated across worksheets also, for each value of the page-fyi. Anyways, if we can make it work for one sheet-it should work for all the pages as well. thanks !

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

010 Template.png

Hi,

I suggest you to apply the Excel conditional formatting to two rows (the green and the red ones in the picture) in the template. Then add a <deleterow> tag at the beginning of the unuseful row so it will be deleted from the produced report.

020 report.png

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
darrell_tobin
Creator
Creator

Have you tried just adding the tags in row 11 and 12 without the excel table function.  Do you really need this data in an excel table?

I have a similar report I have built that uses conditional formatting in a table (BUT NOT USING EXCEL TABLE JUST TAGS IN CELLS) just like yours and the formatting works OK.