Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guilhermetiscos
Contributor II
Contributor II

Excel formula referencing another sheet

Hello,

I have an Excel report with 2 sheets: Resumo and DTL. At the Resumo sheet I have an excel SUMIF formula that references the DTL sheet. Running the report results in the following error:

erro de referencia.PNG

Instead of pointing to the same files DTL sheet, it references to the temp file used in Nprinting Designer. Is it an expected behavior? Can it be solved? Is it a bug?

Labels (1)
6 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

this is really Excel question - not NPrinitng question.

I will attempt to answer it and i will say that it depends how you set your references. 

What you are doing now is setting reference to a excel document together with the path where document is stored. From my experience i was always able to avoid hardcoding  the path and was able to have a reference to the same document.

Could you please provide us with the screenshot of your formula in NPrinting template editor - the one you have already provided is only result, and we need also to see how you have set it up.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
guilhermetiscos
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi, Lech,

Thank you for your help, and sorry, my mistake for not putting all the evidences:

Here is the print SS of the NPrinting Designer. As you can see, the formula is not hardcoded to the path of the template file:
Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 11.45.48.png

And here is the generated report after running the Preview:

Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 11.56.35.png

I have other reports that this 'formula reference' works as expected, the only difference I see is the use of a Table as a Level in this one. Could this be the source of the error? I used this functionality because I need the formulas from F5:M5 to be replicated to the new lines created from the origin table (a simple Straight table).

Steven_Haught
Creator III
Creator III

@Lech_Miszkiewicz @guilhermetiscos 

Was there ever a solution to this? 

guilhermetiscos
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello Steven,

The solution I found to this problem is to use Named Ranges when the formula references another sheet's cell(s).

If you don't know what Named Ranges are, here is some guidance: https://trumpexcel.com/named-ranges-in-excel/

Hope it helps.

Steven_Haught
Creator III
Creator III

@guilhermetiscos 

That worked perfect, thank you for the quick response and answer! 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

yes-named tables can be used to populate formulas or you have to built your excel table using NPrinting level method.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.