Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Strooprover
Contributor
Contributor

Filter based on value cycled field

Hi all,

I would like to achieve the following report in nPrinting.

I cycle my report based on a accountmanager level.
In my report I show sales for each employee combined with productcategory that is linked to my accountmanager.
So far everything is working just fine.

Now, the next step is that the accountmanager himself is also responsible for a productcategory.
I would like to make a separate object of the sales where only the sales are shown for the accountmanager on which the report is cycling.

What I've tried is this:

Cycle field: Accountmanager:
Filter: GetFieldSelections(Accountmanager)  (Advanced search)

unfortunately this doesn't give me any results.
Does anyone know a workaround to fix this problem?

Much thanks in advance!

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I'm trying to better understand your scenario. You have a field with the value of each account manager and it is the field you used in the cycle. Thanks to the cycle you get a different file for each manager.

Then you have an advanced search that uses the result of the manager field selection and extract only the product categories he is responsible. This advanced search works in QlikView, but could you supply more details on this point? Could you create a straight table in the QVW you use for reporting and include only the rows related to the product categories you want to see in the second part of the report? How can you filter those product categories?

I would like to have a clear idea of your scenario.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

Frank_S
Support
Support

@Strooprover

In addition to Ruggero's points:

Another part of your requirement:"I would like to make a separate object of the sales where only the sales are shown for the accountmanager on which the report is cycling"

I too am unclear on your requirement so hopefully you can provide the additional details that @Ruggero_Piccoli is requesting...

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please remember to add the correct version of the software you are using when posting new questions. Thanks.

I suggest you to try the advanced search formula in QlikView before using it in Qlik NPrinting to be sure you get the correct results there.

Then I never tried a similar dynamic filter, using the result of a cycle filter in an advanced search expression. If it doesn't work you have to change approach, remove the cycle and insert all filters in the user, maybe.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Strooprover
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Ruggero,

Thank you for your reply!

I've checked the expression in QlikView where it's working, but unfortunately it doesn't work in nPrinting.
Can you explain your alternative approach a bit more in dept? I'm not sure if I understand how this could work.

Much thanks in advance!

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I'm trying to better understand your scenario. You have a field with the value of each account manager and it is the field you used in the cycle. Thanks to the cycle you get a different file for each manager.

Then you have an advanced search that uses the result of the manager field selection and extract only the product categories he is responsible. This advanced search works in QlikView, but could you supply more details on this point? Could you create a straight table in the QVW you use for reporting and include only the rows related to the product categories you want to see in the second part of the report? How can you filter those product categories?

I would like to have a clear idea of your scenario.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
Frank_S
Support
Support

@Strooprover

In addition to Ruggero's points:

Another part of your requirement:"I would like to make a separate object of the sales where only the sales are shown for the accountmanager on which the report is cycling"

I too am unclear on your requirement so hopefully you can provide the additional details that @Ruggero_Piccoli is requesting...

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!