Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
waterscg
Creator
Creator

Frustrating error trying to import recipient file

Trying to import a recipient XLS file but keep getting the following:

Importing filters and recipients for task with id cbdcacde-0314-4ac8-86b4-54499803025b.
Importing data from source 1
Importing filters and recipients from file with path [masking out the location of my XLSX file]
Data correctly retrieved from import sources
Importing USER : ERROR: 23503: update or delete on table "email_address" violates foreign key constraint "fk2845be5917196dd2" on table "smtp_destination"
could not delete: [Qlik.NPrinting.Repo.Model.EmailAddress#4d1b8690-ca6e-406d-9768-17002defb802][SQL: DELETE FROM email_address WHERE Id = ?]

The XLSX has about a dozen filter rows and user rows. I've confirmed that none of the users or filters are in use; in fact, I've even manually deleted them all from Admin > Users, without improvement. I've tried just one filter row and user row, using various users, without improvement.

Any suggestions on how to proceed? What else could be causing this error? I'm running NPrinting 17 September SR2.

4 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

The logging indicates you may have duplicate email addresses:

-either in your xlsx import file

-already in your NPrinting users under 'admin'>'users'

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
waterscg
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks. There are hundreds of NPrinting users defined; however, none of those (that I haven't already deleted) are listed in the XLSX import file. Could any of the remaining users that have duplicate email addresses cause the import to file, anyway?
waterscg
Creator
Creator
Author

Neglected to mention that I have the options "Remove users not present in newest import sources" and "Remove filters not present in newest import sources" enabled. I don't get the error when those options are not enabled; however, I need to have such users removed as part of the import.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

One of the emails in the Excel file is used in a publish task as default sender, custom sender, CC or BCC. When the import task tries to delete that email the error appears. Remove that email from the task will solve.

The behaviour will be changed in one of the next versions.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.