Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ramu_i
Creator II
Creator II

Generate Empty NPrint report there is no data.

Hi team,

I have a NPrint report here I applied filters like Product =2, If Product is 2 then will generate the Excel report, If there is no product 2 values in data  in this case empty report generate.

If Product is 2 , NPrint report is generating fine , But there is no values for Product 2 report generation is failed.

Could you please help on that.

Advance thanks

Ram

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Ramu_i 

yes - but for it to work you need to make sure you prepare your data first in Qlik Sense so it is loaded like this:

------------------------------------------------

Product    City    Sales   Quantity

Prod_1   US   $100     4

Prod_2   US   

Prod_3  US    $140    2

Prod_4  US    $80      5

Then output will be like this:

----------------------------------------------

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

If you wish to produce empty report for particular selection in first place you need to ensure that you are able to apply required filters. 

For your scenario you need to make sure you always have ability to apply Product filter even when there is no factual data. In real life it means that in your Qlik sense app you need to creaty combinations of required dimensions with no fact data and concatenate that to your fact table. If there is combination of few filters make sure you create a cartesian product of such filters and concatenate them in.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ramu_i
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Lech_Miszkiewicz,

Thanks for replay.

Product column is there in that Prod_1, Prod_2,Prod_3, Prod_4 these are the values.

In Nprtint report format is excel. Here we have selected table data.

I have applied product filter, When NPrint generate it will shows the Prod_2 information.

If data level there is no prod_2 data in this case it will be show empty report. Product column having Prod_1, Prod_3 and Prod_4 data. Prod_2 data is not there.

If there is no data for particular value, report will show empty, If data is there will show the data.

Ex:-

Data

-------------------------

Prod_1   US   $100     4

Prod_2  US   $120     10

Prod_3  US    $140    2

Prod_4  US    $80      5

Required Out Put:

--------------------------------------------

Prod_2  US   $120     10

If Data have in this way

Prod_1   US   $100     4

Prod_3  US    $140    2

Prod_4  US    $80      5

Required Out Put

Thanks 

Ram

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Ramu_i 

yes - but for it to work you need to make sure you prepare your data first in Qlik Sense so it is loaded like this:

Prod_1   US   $100     4

Prod_2   US   

Prod_3  US    $140    2

Prod_4  US    $80      5

Then output will be like this:

cheers

Lech