Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MaramrajuN
Contributor
Contributor

Generate empty report if the filter doesn't match the data in report

Hi 

Let's say I have three filters 1,2,3 and each filter is having 2-3 users. Suppose if data related to filter '3' is not present in the dashboard the report will go to user without attachment.

Is there any possibility to get the empty report instead of  no report attachment even the filter doesn't match with data.

1 Reply
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

When creating question please ensure you provide meaningful and correct information. I can tell that labels you provided to this topic dont make sense together and cause confusion:

1. Are you using NPrinitng 16 or Qlik NPrinting May 2022? - answer will be different depending on version.
  2. Qlik Sense does not work with NPrinitng 16.0 so do you also use QlikView?
  3. Is your question related to NPrinting Migration Tool - I doubth

Regarding the actual question: Yes it is possible. You need to make sure that in your data model in Qlik Sense you always have values you base your filters on. Sometimes it means creating those values and concatenating them to either fact or dimension tables so NPrinting can still apply those filters without throwing an error. I dont see your data model so I cannot comment on how you need to do it but concept is simple. If some of the filters come from fact table then you need to concatenate those values as well and just leave factual data blank. This is very common technique and sometimes it requires more advanced technique when you cross-join all possible combinations of dimensions values and concatenate combinations which dont exist in your model. Those are the scenarios which you have to tackle individually.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.