Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neerajthakur
Creator III
Creator III

Generating Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly report for users from same App

Hi All,

I want to generate Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly Report to be sent to user email from Same App in QlikSense.

My App have data from very early on example 2015, Now Starting this 1st August 2023, I want to send them Data where Date is 1st July-31st 2023 ie previous month, on every 1st day of Month it should send an email of previous Month and similarly for every Fiscal Quarter, Fiscal Year and Calendar Year, how can I achieve it without making changes to my Qlik App.

I am planning on making different Reports for Monthly, Fiscal Quarter, Fiscal Year and Calendar Year purposes and schedule them accordingly.

Please guide me with best possible way to achieve this.

Thanks & Regards,
Please Accepts as Solution if it solves your query.
Labels (1)
3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @neerajthakur 

This is very particular requirement and answer depends on:

• type of template you wish to produce (excel, power point, word, pixel perfect, html, embedded html)?
  • for each period do you want to produce separate report 
    • or do you want to produce 1 report with 3 periods

In short you would need to use filters and apply them in "respective places".  You may get away with "Advanced search" or "Evaluate value" filters without any changes to your Qlik Sense app as long as your periods are easy to identify and dont require difficult logic to obtain. 

Schedule should be easy as you can just send it on first day of each or particular month using monthly and yearly options - that feature is built-in schedule. Note that you can have more than 1 trigger so for quarterly you can setup 4 triggers on 1st,4th,7th and 10th month for example. 

You may utilize conditions if you wish to bunch everything up into single task.

This subject is very broad and step by step instructions will depend on the approach taken so I cannot give you one at the moment. All info you can find on https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/Introduction/Introduction.htm 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

one thing to mention - it will be difficult to setup conditions without making any changes to your apps so I in that scenario the only option you have is to set it up as 3 separate tasks with 3 separate schedules and appropriate filters

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
andregas
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hello @neerajthakur ,

I think you have two options:

• one connection and apply filters to objects of template
  • multiple connections and apply filters in each connection at the scope

With one connection you have some limit: only some type of objects support filters in template. E.g. tables objects support the the filters. You must create a filters for each type of period and import the same objects multiples time, for each one you must apply the right filters.

The multiple connections solution is more complex solution to maintain but a lot flexible to use. Every connection will be open with a dedicated period applied using filters and all objects could be used for every scope, e.g levels and pages too.