Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pwagner
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Header and values of columns mixed up in NPrinting June 2019

Hello,

after updating to NPrinitng June 2019 (19.19.4.0) we have the issue that NPrinting is mixing up header and values of columns of QlikView tables.

In QlikView the order of columns of the straigt table is:

... (dim) - Betrag (calc) - KOAGR (dim) - KOAGRBez (dim)

There are no hidden columns in QlikView.

In NPrinting we had the same order, but NPrinting mixes the header and values. The values of KOAGR are in colum Betrag. And the values of Betrag are in KOAGRBez. Here a short example:

BetragKOAGRKOAGRBez
09Betriebsaufwand-7.390
09Betriebsaufwand-7.385
09Betriebsaufwand-7.385
09Betriebsaufwand-7.385
10Personalaufwand-88.047
10Personalaufwand-87.954

Do you have an idea how to solve this situation?

Thank you, reagards. Patrick

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @pwagner 

Please note that if columns are manually shift in the QVW itself by dragging fields to different locations, this would cause the issue that you are reporting. ie: shift click on a column and drag it to a different position/column location.

In this case I would recommend that you:

• Open the QVW and check that the affected chart properties to ensure that the positions of the chart match those found in the 'presentation' tab.
  • Reload the NP connection to the QVW.
  • Open your NP report, expand the table affected right click each individual column table field and select 'update' in the right click context menu and do this for any chart objects in your report. (this performs updates in the NP chart objects to match and changes made in the source QVW.)
  • Update the position of the chart/field object in your NP report to match the expected report output (if it has become different from the source chart).

Try the preview again...if it doesn't work and Ruggero's suggestion also doesn't work I suggest starting a support ticket as well.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Try to:

- install QlikView 12.20 or older

- use the table tag instead of column tags

- open a support ticket

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @pwagner 

Please note that if columns are manually shift in the QVW itself by dragging fields to different locations, this would cause the issue that you are reporting. ie: shift click on a column and drag it to a different position/column location.

In this case I would recommend that you:

• Open the QVW and check that the affected chart properties to ensure that the positions of the chart match those found in the 'presentation' tab.
  • Reload the NP connection to the QVW.
  • Open your NP report, expand the table affected right click each individual column table field and select 'update' in the right click context menu and do this for any chart objects in your report. (this performs updates in the NP chart objects to match and changes made in the source QVW.)
  • Update the position of the chart/field object in your NP report to match the expected report output (if it has become different from the source chart).

Try the preview again...if it doesn't work and Ruggero's suggestion also doesn't work I suggest starting a support ticket as well.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
pwagner
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hello Frank,

thank you, your solution/workaround works.

Maybe you put this issue on the 'for development'-bucket list.

Best regards, Patrick

Frank_S
Support
Support

@pwagner 

I will mention this to R&D again. However, this is a long running limitation which begins from QlikView where NPrinting is limited to using the originally cached results/default QVW properties. So without a fundamental change to the QV desktop coding, this most likely won't change for the foreseeable future. So following the steps I mentioned will be necessary at this point...sorry I couldn't give you better news on this.

This is not an issue with Qlik Sense From April 2019 an later releases by the way (fyi for Qlik Sense users).

Kind regards...