Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aapurva09
Creator
Creator

Header missing from NPrinting excel report

Hi,

I have a straight table with multiple conditional dimensions which show/hide based on selection in a field and an expression with value ' '.

I have simply dragged this object in NPrinting designer excel page and doing pagination on the sheets. So when the value gets changed in the Pagination field, it creates a new sheet with the table having only dimensions where the condition is true for that selection.

Problem: After exporting it using On-Demand or from Nprinting task scheduler i found there are few columns which has values but the header is blank. it happens every time the report is downloaded and with the same columns.  

Another point to mention, Suppose I have a column name 'System' and if it is in Sheet1 and Sheet3 both, it will have header in Sheet1 but not in Sheet3, so this hiding of header is not based on a column name.

Please let me know if someone faced issue like this and any solution would be appreciated!

Thanks

Apurva

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please open a support ticket about this. Include the source app and template and a link to this conversation. 

We need to be able to reproduce the issue in order to investigate it.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Frank_S
Support
Support

@aapurva09 

Before starting a support case,

• Please upload a zipped copy of your report and a sample source QVW we can use to evaluate the issue. Do not upload anything with sensitive data. Create a mocked up QVW that can be used for the purpose of example.

To further ensure we understand the requirement fully, please provide screenshots here with:

• Steps to reproduce the issue:
  • A mock of of expected results: What is your requirement expectations as the final out put?
  • Actual results
  • A snap shot of your report template

Also please explain in detail your reference about the 'pagination field'  and how you are using this field. Add a snap shot. By any chance are you referring to head and footer fields in MS excel? Please specify in greater clarity. If header and footer is being used, note that it is not possible to use those fields with NP reporting.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Please specify also the version of Qlik NPrinting and QlikView or Qlik Sense you are using.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
aapurva09
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response on this. I managed to resolved the issue.

The reason why the column label was blank because, I placed 2 tables in the NPrinting excel sheet, 1st on the A1 cell (1st column in the sheet) and 2nd on G1 cell (7th column in the sheet). So, whenever I get 7 columns in the 1st table, the 7th column overlaps the 2nd table object and makes that column's label black.

Now I placed the 2nd table further so it won't get overlapped with the columns from 1st table.

Attached screenshot.

Thanks

Apurva