Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
profilejamesbond

Hide Column from Table in NPrinting Excel Report

Hi,

I have one table in QlikView Dashboard that contains column1, column2, column3, ..., columnN.

Now, I created NPrinting Report where I added this table from the QlikView Dashboard based on Object ID.

My requirement is to hide column2, and column3 from NPrinting final view. So, when I'll send the report I don't want to send the column2, and column3. But I want these columns in QlikView Dashboard table.

How to Hide these columns in NPrinting?

I am using NPrinting May 2023

Thanks

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
profilejamesbond
Author

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz,

Yes, I added columns in the report.

First Add Table in the NPrinting and then drag and drop only required columns in the excel based NPrinting report. In this way, I only added required fields in the report.

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @profilejamesbond 

since you are adding this as whole object id you may need to create conditional hide for those columns in qlikview based on variable. 
That variable should make columns visible in QlikView but in Nprinting you could create a filter which would change variable and hide columns. You then apply that filter to report in Nprinting. Thats the easiest and quickest solution. 

Alternative would be to create duplicated object without columns you dont need and use that duplicated object. 

Lastly-you could bring individual columns tags in Nprinting (instead of whole object id). That would only work if table is a straight table and only of there is no conditional hide/show on any column.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
profilejamesbond
Author

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz,

Yes, I added columns in the report.

First Add Table in the NPrinting and then drag and drop only required columns in the excel based NPrinting report. In this way, I only added required fields in the report.

Thanks

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @profilejamesbond

funny you marked your answer as solution given that earlier I have provided you with 3 possible answers and you actually used one of them 😄

Lastly-you could bring individual columns tags in Nprinting (instead of whole object id). That would only work if table is a straight table and only of there is no conditional hide/show on any column.

anyway 😄

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.