Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mohdfaizan001
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to Implement Section access in NPrinting

Hi Team,

Please help to publish the pdf file with data security which is implemented in Qliksense App and the same data result set I need to publish in PDF report through Nprinting section access.

e.g security which is already implemented in Qlik sense app.

Rahul can see the data of the north region and Sohan can see the data of the south region, etc.

we prepared the PDF report in Nprinting with couple of object  and need to published the report via mail to Rahul and Sohan with their relevant data in PDF Format report.

Labels (1)
8 Replies
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

mohdfaizan001 Good morning. Please review the following link to see how to implement Section Access in Nprinting: 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Section-access....

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
mohdfaizan001
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for your reply

As for your information, all the checkpoints shared by Qlik have already been implemented, including NPrinitng role security and user security. Still, the PDF Report generated through the mail is showing the same data for all users.

I already covered all the possible solutions shared in the Qlik community. Please guide me on this, what is the missing thing because of that reason the security is not implemented for all users. 

mohdfaizan001
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Adding the selection snapshot from the Nprinting server security. but still, the report data remain the same.

e.g Sohan can see the south data in Qliksense and Nprinting PDF report also shows the correct data (South data) but the Rohan and other people also can see the south data in the PDF report  instead of their respective zone data like north,west and east

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Section Access is supported for Qlik Sense connections if implemented as described in the help site ad https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Section-access....

If you did all the configuration steps it works. So I suggest checking if the Section Access flag in connection is checked, if the users have the associated domain user, etc. Be also sure the user logged in Qlik Sense sees the correct data. 

We have only the screenshots of the role configuration. We don't know how the Qlik Sense app is configured, how are the Qlik NPrinting users configured etc, so we have to little information to supply a more detailed explanation. 

Section Assess requires a longer report generation time than native Qlik NPrinting filters. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hello @mohdfaizan001 

Check this article as well.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/NPrinting-Reports-Tasks-and-Connections-that...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
mohdfaizan001
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for your input.

The above suggestion points are already implemented. the security is also working in the NPrinting PDF file which is generated from the mail but all other users also can see the south region data which is only allocated to me they are not available to see their own zone data e.g north,west ,etc. Please could you share any video or snapshot steps to implement the NPrinting data security , it's really help me to identify the missing step to correct the actual process flow to implement the NPrinting data security to other users for their relative data.

David_Friend
Support
Support

@mohdfaizan001 you may want to reach out to your Qlik Account Manager to get help from Qlik's Professional Services on how to properly implement Section Access to work with Nprinting.

mohdfaizan001
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

thanks for your reply, I am coordinating with an account manager to supporting on this. meanwhile, if you guys find any solution. please share it with me.