cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tanmay_bhardwaj
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to a add a custom footer text to email body

In the emails sent from NPrinting I want to add 1-2 lines of text as disclaimer in the footer of the email. I am able to set and print this text in the emails triggered from NPrinting but it becomes editable if that email is forwarded or replied.

My expectation is to embed this disclaimer such that it always stays in the email footer even if someone tries to forward or reply to the email sent from NPrinting.

Is this possible?

My environment details are as mentioned below:

Qlik NPrinting May 2023 SR3

Version: 23.20.9.0

Qlik NPrinting 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Qlik NPrinting sends standard emails and there is not a feature to avoid to change emails in the standard protocol. 

As workaround you could evaluate to add the disclaimer in the reports attached to the email and set a writing password as explained in https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2024/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Report.... Of course this will protect the whole document, so, for example, if you send an Excel report the recipient will not be able to add custom calculations and it has the security granted by the native Excel password protection feature with its limitations.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @tanmay_bhardwaj 

Forget NPrinitng for a moment and tell me how would you achieve this directly from email client? From outlook or some other client?

I have never seen such option in email clients so I am not sure how to go about this. 

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Qlik NPrinting sends standard emails and there is not a feature to avoid to change emails in the standard protocol. 

As workaround you could evaluate to add the disclaimer in the reports attached to the email and set a writing password as explained in https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2024/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Report.... Of course this will protect the whole document, so, for example, if you send an Excel report the recipient will not be able to add custom calculations and it has the security granted by the native Excel password protection feature with its limitations.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
tanmay_bhardwaj
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Ruggero_Piccoli thanks for the inputs.